A Con from the Sweetest Lips - Long Feedback

Intro:

A Con from the Sweetest Lips was written by SojourningGhosts. It won second place in the Fairy Night awards, best blurb category. It is a Hunger Games fanfiction following Conway O'dair. This is a review for the blurb, not the story.

~~~

Long Feedback:

A Con from the Sweetest Lips has an engaging blurb that is the perfect length. It doesn't go on too long or too short; it's a great balance. It interweaves pretty imagery with clear plot details that allow you to comprehend the story without needing to read too much. From the very first sentence, we know exactly what the tone of the narrative will be along with important information about our main characters.

One thing authors often don't do in blurbs is include emotional buzzwords to encourage the reader to care about what's going on. In this blurb, we get emotion like "She could sing a requiem for the withered girl she once was." These lines of emotion not only build upon the previously established tone and characters, but they also give the readers more reasons to read.

Overall, the blurb has a powerful presence and uses its language to cleverly craft a story within only a few short paragraphs. You don't spoil too much but also don't leave us in the dark. This blurb is very balanced, which is something most authors struggle with, so very good job with that.

Other than some minor grammar errors I already went over in the FN Awards, the blurb flows very smoothly and makes sense. 

~~~

Summary:

- Great length

- Important details are given early on

- Clear tone

- Good overall flow

- Emotional

~~~

Overall:

A Con from the Sweetest Lips has an excellent blurb that will catch your attention from the very first sentence. The emotion packed into only a few short paragraphs makes it so the narrative feels far more enticing; after reading, I want to delve into the actual book. Overall, anyone who reads this blurb is going to be captivated and impressed by how it was written.

~~~

Thank you for submitting your story to the Fairy Night Awards, and congratulations on winning second place. Everyone, I encourage you to go check out this writer's work!