arrival

The solar system is located on the inner edge of the Orion Arm, which is one of the four major spiral arms of the Milky Way galaxy.

Cyton (Mars) is one of the eight planets in the solar system, located as the fourth planet from the Sun at a distance of approximately 230 million kilometers.

It is a faint red planet, but it is not as it appears...

Date on Cyton (Mars): June 18, 2728.

This day is unforgettable for many and will become a nightmare for most people for the rest of their lives!

In the evening, the sky was overcast with no stars or moon, and the wind was swirling as if signaling an impending storm. The enormous "sky display screen" flickered faintly amidst the clouds.

Silver City was once one of the most prosperous cities on Cyton (Mars), but tonight, the usual bustling streets and lively atmosphere were nowhere to be found. In fact, not only here, but the entire planet was shrouded in silence, with all lights extinguished.

Qin Feng and Xiaoya sat on the rooftop of the Imperial Tower, 116th floor, with darkness below. However, the two knew that at this moment, thousands of citizens were standing silently on the pitch-black streets, gazing up at the sky.

"What do you think aliens look like?" Qin Feng asked.

"I don't know, probably very ugly," Xiaoya replied.

"Why is that?"

"Because that's how they're portrayed in movies! Villains are always ugly!"

Qin Feng nodded in agreement with her point.

About three years ago, the "Universal Research Institute" received a set of short-wave signals from 320,000 light-years away, roughly translated as: "This is the Administrative District No. 9 of the Second Universe Interstellar Federation. We have observed a large unknown civilization fleet traveling through subspace at warp speed, passing through the desolate outer regions of the Second Universe, and the trajectory indicates that they are heading straight for the Milky Way galaxy of the Third Universe! They are hostile, and great danger is imminent!"

Sure enough, a few days later, the Loga space probe detected a massive fleet of extraterrestrial civilizations on the edge of the galaxy! A month later, this unidentified fleet entered the solar system.

At this point, it was too late to respond to that signal. The United Government urgently activated the global defense system—Shield Mountain!

It was a translucent, pale red, high-polymer defense cover, composed of powerful energy streams, instantly enveloping the entire planet!

From then on, the sky was no longer blue, the sun was no longer scorching, and the average global temperature dropped by 8 to 10 degrees Celsius, turning the world red.

However, the "Universal Research Institute" later responded to that signal, but with tens of thousands of light-years of distance, there was no response after the signal was sent out, like a grain of sand falling into the sea.

People finally realized that great danger was imminent! Survival would only depend on themselves!

Just two hours ago, the "Sky Curtain" suddenly issued a warning: "Attention! Anomalous behavior detected from the marauder fleet, reasons unknown, intentions unclear. Please remain vigilant! Attention! Anomalous behavior detected from the marauder fleet..."

The "Sky Curtain" was launched into space long ago by the United Government. It is a massive screen floating in space, located in a near-Earth orbit outside the atmosphere, with its voice capable of instantly covering the entire globe!