Part 25

Upon hearing this, Qin Feng turned and ran back!

The others immediately dispersed, each finding cover.

The best hiding place was behind buildings, but these structures seemed so fragile in front of the plunderer.

A glaring beam of light instantly pierced through a wall with a thunderous explosion in the midst of the crowd!

Several people didn't even have time to react before being blown to pieces, their screams drowned out by the explosion. Perhaps they screamed, but their voices were buried beneath the blast...

The shockwave from the explosion sent over a dozen people flying! Limbs and arms were thrown into the air before crashing back down to the ground.

Xiaoya cowered in the corner, clutching her head and screaming. A wooden board slid off the roof, but Qin Feng pushed her away just in time.

"Stop screaming! Listen to me!" he shouted.

She stopped screaming and looked up at him.

"I can't take care of you. Take care of yourself and find a safe place to hide!" he said.

"Where's safe?" she asked, looking around.

"Anywhere will do. Inside that house behind us!" Qin Feng pointed to a nearby building.

"Okay!" she nodded, getting up and running toward the house.

Qin Feng watched her enter the building before he finally relaxed.

"Cover the wounded!" the captain shouted.

There was a wounded person not far from Qin Feng. He seemed to have injured his leg and was crawling back on the ground.

Just as Qin Feng was about to approach, something suddenly fell from the sky and landed squarely on the man! With a dull thud, dust filled the air.

Qin Feng was startled and took two steps back. Upon closer inspection, it turned out to be a huge rock! It was as big as a small car! Without a doubt, the man had been flattened by the rock.

In shock, Qin Feng looked around, wondering why such a large rock would suddenly fall from the sky?

Then he understood. It must have been the work of the plunderer.

Unlike defensive-type plunderers, attacking-type ones didn't have thick armor. Their armor was thin and provided minimal protection.

This type of plunderer was usually agile and powerful, with the ability to swiftly and forcefully attack! Their small heads made it easy to hide vital spots. Their slender bodies allowed for agile movement.

With a pair of mantis-like claws, they could instantly cut prey in half! They also had the strength to uproot a large tree! The laser weapon on their shoulders emitted a faint white light, ready to attack in any direction at any time.

Every detail of their bodies seemed to be designed for slaughter!

Qin Feng stood still, staring at the huge rock in front of him.

A vibrant life had just vanished. If no one moved the rock, perhaps no one would ever know—there was a person underneath it!

Zhong Yuanjie ran over and slapped him, asking, "What are you doing? Are you stupid?"

It was only then that he came back to his senses, blinking his eyes and saying nothing. He then unlocked the safety on his gun and seemed ready to charge out!

"Are you out of your mind?" Zhong Yuanjie stopped him. "What's gotten into you?" Then he looked around and asked, "Where's Xiaoya?"

Qin Feng calmed his emotions and pointed at the rock. "There's someone underneath that."