Part 22

The Saitan Calendar: July 25, 2734.

A new round of large-scale attacks from extraterrestrial super-civilizations has been launched against the planet Saitan!

Just as Qin Feng had originally anticipated, the interstellar raiders wouldn't give them another two years, nor would they allow them the chance to colonize other planets. So, they launched another fierce attack, intending to crush the dreams of Saitan's people to colonize other worlds in their cradle. However, they may not have anticipated that hundreds of colonization ships had successfully arrived at the Antipodes Star six months ago.

A gigantic extraterrestrial super-mothership suddenly appeared near Saitan, so massive that even the space detectors couldn't detect how it got there or when it arrived. It seemed to have appeared out of nowhere, deliberately giving everyone a surprise.

Of course, they definitely didn't do this out of boredom.

At that moment, everyone could clearly see its massive figure just by looking up.

It was so magnificent and spectacular, tens of thousands of times larger than the planet Saitan itself, enough to blot out the sky!

The "Cosmic Research Institute" was also startled by this sudden turn of events.

The "United Authority" immediately sounded the global alarm!

At that time, Qin Feng was walking with his father in a square not far from the base. It had been a long time since father and son had gone out for a stroll together.

To be precise, in Qin Feng's memory, this should be the first time he went out for a walk with his father. Even in the past, his father was always busy, mostly not at home, and most things were taken care of by his mother alone.

But today was a special day, it was Qin Feng's birthday.

Except for his father and mother, no one knew it was his birthday today. His mother was no longer around, now only his father.

Oh right, Xiaoya used to know, but she should have forgotten by now. But Qin Feng never forgot her birthday.

After finishing a day of training, his father was waiting for him near the playground.

"Son, happy birthday!" his father said with a smile.

Qin Feng looked at his father's empty hands and pretended to be unhappy, saying, "No gift, not happy."

"I gave you your life, what else do you want?" his father replied.

Qin Feng smiled.

His father continued, "Come on, let's take a walk."

"Okay."

The square was crowded with people. There were children playing, couples jogging, and elderly people exercising...

Father and son arrived at a man-made lake, the water was clear but there were no fish.

His father looked at the setting sun in the west and asked, "Son, do you know what my biggest regret in life is?"

Qin Feng thought for a moment and said, "Is it Mom?"

"No, it's you."

"Me?"

"Yes," his father nodded. "My biggest regret in life is having you."

Qin Feng looked at his father in astonishment. "Dad, did you call me out here just to tell me that?"

"Yes."

"Um... I should've known better than to come out. This is too hurtful."

"The truth is always hard to accept."