Part 11

Qin Feng frowned, about to speak, when he heard a scream, followed by another!

Everyone was startled. No one noticed that the marauder, which had just fallen, had somehow stood up again! Undoubtedly, the screams came from the few people closest to it.

"Take cover! Take cover!" someone shouted.

Everyone reacted quickly, seeking cover.

"How did it come back to life?!"

Such a question would not come from an ordinary person. In other words, except for Ruan Xiaoyu, most people wouldn't ask such a "profound" question.

"What do you mean 'back to life'? Dammit, it wasn't dead in the first place!" Zhong Yuanjie yelled.

Meanwhile, the sound of artillery erupted again, instantly blasting a tank and several nearby Marines into smithereens.

"Concentrate firepower, aim for its legs!" someone shouted.

"Legs won't work, aim for the head!" another yelled.

But most were just shooting haphazardly. There was no time to distinguish between head or legs. As long as they hit its body and safely retreated to cover, it was considered heroic. Many people behind cover didn't dare to come out.

Including Qin Feng... He crouched on the ground with his gun, unmoving, like a statue. It was as if he believed that if he didn't move, the marauder wouldn't notice him.

He was wrong. The marauder not only noticed him but also fired at him. If Zhong Yuanjie hadn't quickly tackled him aside, he might have been dead by now.

"Didn't your father teach you not to stand in the middle of the road?!"

Qin Feng blinked and shook his head. "But I wasn't standing!"

Zhong Yuanjie paused, then nodded, patting him on the shoulder. "Well, crouching isn't any better."

Half an hour later, under intense firepower suppression, everyone finally managed to force the behemoth to retreat to an open area.

Here, there were no shield generators, no buildings, no drone cover. The advantage was that it was ideal for long-range heavy weapons fire. But the disadvantage was that everyone had no cover.

They circled around it, firing continuously. It was somewhat comical, but it was the best way to prevent it from escaping in any direction and was safer than staying in one place.

"Quick! Call your dad!" Zhong Yuanjie shouted at Qin Feng.

"Why?"

"Call your dad!"

"Why does that sound weird?" Qin Feng muttered, then asked, "Why should I call my dad?"

"To request air support or remote laser cannon assistance!" Zhong Yuanjie clarified.

"Oh, okay!" Qin Feng replied, about to reach for the button on his ear when he saw a formation of aircraft flying towards them in the sky. It seemed someone had already contacted the base.

Then, someone shouted, "Air support is here! Expand the battle circle! Get down!" In other words, "Missiles are coming! Run!"

Qin Feng turned and ran, but to his surprise, Zhong Yuanjie and Ruan Xiaoyu ran faster than him.

Seconds later, a series of explosions erupted behind them. The ground trembled... No one dared to stop because they all knew the power of those missiles.

After two rounds of bombing, the location of the marauder was engulfed in thick smoke. It was unclear if it was still alive.

"It... should be dead now, right?" Zhong Yuanjie looked at the smoke.