Part 55

Xiao Ya lay motionless on the hospital bed, and the nurse nearby asked, "Who are you to her?"

"A friend," Qin Feng replied. "How is she doing?"

"Oh, she's stable, but..." the nurse hesitated.

"But what?" Qin Feng pressed.

"She might have suffered some damage here." The nurse pointed to her head.

Confused, Qin Feng asked, "But she didn't hit her head. How could there be damage?"

"It's not from a blow, but from hunger and exhaustion causing cerebral hypoxia. When she wakes up, she might experience partial memory loss. Be prepared," the nurse explained.

Relieved, Qin Feng sighed, "Oh, I thought she might become mentally impaired... It's alright, as long as she's alive, it's not a big problem."

The nurse gave him a strange look.

"When will she wake up?" Qin Feng inquired.

The nurse shook her head. "I'm not sure, but it should be soon."

Sure enough, shortly after, Xiao Ya gradually regained consciousness. She looked around and then at Qin Feng, asking, "Where is this?"

"This is a hospital. How come? Didn't you just recover?" Qin Feng asked in surprise.

Shaking her head, Xiao Ya replied, "I don't remember."

The nurse conducted a brief check-up and confirmed that there was nothing serious, reminding her to "rest more" before leaving. "The nurse said you should rest more," Qin Feng translated.

"I've rested enough. Don't leave, stay with me," Xiao Ya requested.

"I'm a patient too, you know? I need to rest," Qin Feng replied.

Pointing to the empty half of her bed, Xiao Ya insisted, "Here, this bed is big enough."

"Um..." Qin Feng hesitated. "I'll just sit here then, to avoid any issues with the nurse."

He sat on a nearby chair, nervously rubbing his thighs.

Xiao Ya chuckled, "Look at you, so timid."

Feeling even more awkward, Qin Feng's hands waved aimlessly in the air. "No, no, it's not that, it's just... I'm worried about being seen by the nurse and causing trouble..."

"Then talk to me," Xiao Ya suggested.

"About what?" Qin Feng asked.

"About everything you know about this place," she replied.

"I know this place is Wugan City," Qin Feng began.

"What!" Xiao Ya widened her eyes. "Wugan City?"

Qin Feng nodded. "That's what the nurse told me."

"Weren't we supposed to go back to Silver City? How did we end up here?" she asked.

"There are two possibilities: one, we were saved by the people here, so they brought us here. Two, we took the wrong path..."

"We went the wrong way?"

"Very likely... but I don't understand why the leaders here would treat us so well, just because we're air defense soldiers?" Qin Feng said, successfully changing the subject.

Looking around, Xiao Ya nodded. "It's indeed luxurious here. There probably aren't many places like this left on Satun Star."

"Only one like this! It shows that their leaders probably know us," Qin Feng suggested.