Part 15

Silver City, District 34, Central Street.

This used to be a financial commercial street, which was flattened by alien raiders four years ago. After more than three years of reconstruction, although it remains a commercial street with various supermarkets and malls lining both sides of the street, it has never been able to regain its former prosperity.

However, today it's exceptionally "lively". The street is crowded with people wearing helmets and masks, holding stones and clubs in their hands, crazily smashing the shops on both sides of the street. Whenever they encounter a supermarket, they rush in without hesitation.

The street is littered with fragments of glass, surrounded by thick smoke and flames everywhere! Some are setting fires, some are extinguishing them, the voices of people are loud, and the whole street is in chaos.

Four armored vehicles slowly drive in, and the people sitting in the cars can occasionally see several injured people passing by the windows, most of whom are gendarmes stationed here.

Zhong Yuanjie sighed as he looked out the window, muttering to himself, "Ah, it was all built in vain. The United Coalition Government has really wasted a lot of effort..."

"That's because they brought it upon themselves," someone said.

More and more people gathered ahead, and the thugs eyed the marine corps' vehicles but refrained from making any rash moves, standing there watching with hostile gazes. If it were ordinary vehicles, they would probably rush up and start smashing. The scattered and broken iron debris on the street already told everything.

The convoy stopped not far from the crowd, and Qin Feng and the others pushed open the car doors and got out, coincidentally seeing several injured gendarmes sitting on the roadside.

He walked over and asked, "Are your injuries serious?"

The few of them looked at each other and shook their heads.

Qin Feng patted one of them on the shoulder and said, "You've worked hard. Leave the rest to us." With that, he and the other 57 people walked towards the crowd.

"Wait a minute!" another person said, "Be careful, there are now nearly a thousand people involved in this riot."

Qin Feng was surprised, but he didn't show it on his face, just nodded lightly.

"When we came, didn't they say there were over four hundred people? How did it escalate so quickly?" Ruan Xiaoyu asked.

"Who knows," Qin Feng shrugged.

"It's probably because everyone's afraid of starving to death..."

A person who looked like a leader among the crowd stepped forward and shouted, "Don't think we're afraid just because you're marines. Let me tell you, in the face of life and death, we choose survival! Right, everyone?!"

The thousands of people behind him echoed, "Yes! Yes! Yes..."

Qin Feng smiled and stepped forward, saying, "You're right. In the face of life and death, I believe everyone would choose survival. No one wants to choose death."

Everyone was stunned, not expecting him to say that. Ruan Xiaoyu behind him whispered, "Are you kidding? Which side are you on?"

Qin Feng ignored him and continued, "But have you ever thought that your current actions have seriously damaged our living environment, harming everyone, including yourselves?"

The man waved his hand dismissively. "Don't talk to me about those useless moral principles. Everyone is going to die! Everyone is going to starve to death! No one can escape. It's better to stock up on food for ten years now. It'll be enough for me to eat for a lifetime. This is called being prepared for the future!"

Qin Feng smiled. "But isn't it too early for you to be prepared for the future? You've started causing chaos without even verifying the truth of this matter. I think what you're doing isn't preparing for the future, it's more like bringing about your own destruction! Or maybe it's called: digging your own grave!"

"The United Coalition Government has already announced it. How could it be false?" the man said firmly.

Before Qin Feng could speak, Zhong Yuanjie interjected, "Do you believe everything the United Coalition Government says? Ignorant! If they want you dead, will you die?"

Qin Feng added, "If the United Coalition Government were to announce now that the information was inaccurate, what would you do?"

The man fell silent.

Just as Qin Feng was secretly pleased that his trick worked, someone suddenly shouted, "Anyway, whether we advance or retreat, it's death. Instead of sitting waiting to be captured by them, we might as well do our best to fight for a glimmer of hope!"

This person's words resonated with most of the crowd. "Right! Even if stopping now means death, then let's fight!"

"Yes! Let's fight!"

"Let's fight!"

"Charge! Kill them!"

"Charge!"

"Kill these marines!"

Qin Feng inwardly exclaimed, "Not good!" Before he could explain, he saw the crowd surging towards him like a tide!

Firing a warning shot was futile. Qin Feng shouted, "Retreat!"

Ruan Xiaoyu was so scared that he exclaimed, "Oh my god!" and turned to run!

But before the crowd could run far, they were surrounded by a group of thugs.