Part 54

In the current Satans Star, as long as there's no sandstorm, it's considered pretty good weather. They fell asleep, not knowing for how long.

When they woke up again, it was already morning. Qin Feng felt dizzy, a sign of physical decline.

After three days, they looked nothing like themselves anymore, covered in mud from head to toe.

Now, something seemed different around them, everything had turned red.

Had he seen it wrong?

Rubbing his eyes and looking again, it was indeed red, a vivid shade of red.

Xiao Ya seemed to notice too, asking, "Has the Shield Mountain been restored?"

"I don't know," he shook his head, getting up to go outside.

It was all red outside, the sky even scarier, as if it was about to bleed.

"It seems they've increased the energy output of the Shield Mountain again," Qin Feng remarked.

"Weren't they supposed to shut down the Shield Mountain? Why increase it again?" Xiao Ya asked.

"Don't know. Maybe they had no choice..."

"I guess the original sphere won't hold up much longer. They're probably planning to go all out."

Qin Feng glanced at her meaningfully and said, "Let's go. We need to get back to the air defense zone as soon as possible." They supported each other as they walked, both severely exhausted. Their lips were cracked and bleeding, but the blood provided some relief from their thirst.

By nightfall, their consciousness was starting to blur. Everything appeared double, and they even experienced hallucinations. They stumbled through the night, but they never caught sight of even a corner of Silver City.

Finally, they couldn't go on. Xiao Ya collapsed with a "plop."

Qin Feng wanted to help her up, but as he bent over, everything went black before he collapsed to the ground himself.

Looking up at the sky, he thought, "It's fine to die like this..."

Then he closed his eyes and quickly lost consciousness. It felt like Qin Feng spent an eternity in endless darkness, with nothing around, no light, no sound...

"Am I dead?" he wondered. "So this is what the afterlife looks like... No, I can't die yet. I still have to build a little wooden house with Xiao Ya on Satans Star!"

Suddenly, a dazzling light appeared before him, illuminating the darkness!

It was a strange room, somewhat resembling a hospital ward, but not quite. If it was a ward, then it was undoubtedly a luxurious one!

The high-end decor, metallic silver walls, and a crystal chandelier emitting orange light from above. A virtual screen played a warm spring scene beside him...

However, upon seeing the intravenous drip in his hand and the nurse beside him, Qin Feng gradually realized that he hadn't died. This was the real world.

At that moment, the nurse turned around and was startled to see him awake. With disbelief written all over her face, she asked, "You're awake?!"

Looking around, Qin Feng asked, "Where is this?"

"The hospital," she shook the IV tube in her hand, "Isn't it obvious?"

"No, I mean where is this?"

"The hospital! Didn't I tell you already? Is your brain fried or something?"

"No, I mean... This place... It's not Silver City, right?"

"No, it's Ugan City."

"Ugan City!" Qin Feng's eyes widened. "The Ugan City over 500 kilometers away from Silver City?"

She shrugged. "Where else? Is there another Ugan City on Satans Star?"

Oh no...

They had walked in the wrong direction...

"Oh... By the way, where's the girl who was with me?"

"I don't know, I'm only responsible for you," the nurse replied.

Upon hearing this, Qin Feng struggled to get up. "No, I have to go find her."

She quickly reached out to support him and said, "You'd better not move recklessly."

"It's fine," he said as he slowly stood up. "One last question, how long have I been unconscious?"

"Over twenty hours," the nurse replied.

"Thank you," he said. Heading to the nurse's station, where two nurses were busy with their work, he asked, "Excuse me, where is the head nurse?"

One of the nurses looked up and said, "Hello, I am. How can I assist you?"

"I'm looking for a girl, tall, long hair..." Qin Feng briefly described Xiao Ya's appearance. "Could you tell me which room she's in?"

The nurse responded, "Your description is too general. Many patients fit that description. Is there anything different or distinctive about her?"

"She's from the Air Defense Zone, wearing the Air Defense Zone uniform. She was brought in with me about twenty hours ago."

Both nurses shook their heads after hearing this. The head nurse said, "As you know, with the intense warfare outside, most of the patients brought in recently are from the Air Defense Zone. It's difficult for us to help you find her."

"Oh," Qin Feng nodded disappointedly and was about to leave.

Suddenly, the other nurse called out to him, "Wait a moment! Although there have been many patients brought in recently, there haven't been many instances where a man and a woman were brought in at the same time about twenty hours ago. Since there's a lead, let me check for you."

Excitedly, Qin Feng thanked her.

Indeed, she quickly found information. Twenty-six hours ago, a man and a woman from the Air Defense Zone were brought in together. The higher-ups specifically instructed to give them the best treatment and the best room.

"Yes, yes, yes! That must be us. That girl must be the one I'm looking for. Which room is she in?" Qin Feng exclaimed.

"Before you get too excited, let me check... Ah, she's in room F15, right next to yours."

"Alright, thank you!" Qin Feng turned and ran back, muttering to himself, "F15, F15..."

Arriving at the door of room F15, he pushed it open and walked in.

Inside, there was a nurse who asked with confusion, "Who are you...?"

"I'm here to find someone."

Qin Feng immediately spotted Xiao Ya lying on the hospital bed.