Part 62

After a long time, Qin Feng still knelt on the ground, maintaining his posture of bowing.

"Brother, get up." A nearby staff member said.

"Yeah, get up. You've been kneeling for so long. People can't come back to life, but the living still need to continue, right? What's the use of you kneeling like this?" Another staff member tried to persuade him while attempting to help him up.

But Qin Feng remained motionless, and the two could only give up, shaking their heads and standing quietly beside him.

As night fell, the two staff members took turns to eat, bringing him a meal, but he didn't eat. In the midnight, they took turns to sleep, urging Qin Feng to rest as well, but he refused. In the morning, they exercised next to him, encouraging him to join, but kneeling all night, who could endure that? Yet he remained motionless.

Li Hongyue came, waved to the two staff members, indicating they could leave.

The two left as if relieved of a heavy burden.

He squatted in front of Qin Feng and asked, "Tired?"

Qin Feng remained silent.

"Get up," he said loudly.

Qin Feng remained silent and unmoving.

He stood up straight and said loudly, "As a commander, I command you to get up!"

Qin Feng still didn't move.

Li Hongyue frowned, "You see what you've become now? Do you still have the demeanor of a pilot? People are dying every minute and every second in this world! They also have families and friends. Those who died in this war also have their loved ones and friends, but they still train! Do you know why? Because they, like you, are all excellent pilots! What are you lacking compared to them? Everyone wants to cry, why do you have the right to cry?"

These words had some effect, and Qin Feng recalled the scene from yesterday when disaster struck. The aircraft suddenly tilted to the left, and the laser beam that was originally aimed at Qin Feng was diverted by Xiaoya in a split second, piercing through the titanium alloy fuselage and also through Xiaoya's abdomen...

Thinking of this, tears flowed down Qin Feng's cheeks uncontrollably again. He wiped his eyes and faced Li Hongyue, saying, "Commander, I understand."

Li Hongyue patted his shoulder, "That's good. Go rest for a while."

"I have a request," Qin Feng said with red eyes.

"Speak."

"I want to bury Xiaoya's body with my own hands."

Li Hongyue nodded, "Go ahead."

Xiaoya's body was stored in an underground freezer. She lay quietly in a particularly exquisite coffin, as if sleeping.

He opened the coffin, gently pushed aside her hair, tears falling. He lifted her body, handling it delicately as if afraid to wake her...

He carried her to the rear cemetery, burying her beside Zhong Yuanjie, and wrote on the tombstone: Grave of Wang Yaxin? Qin Feng!

He looked at Zhong Yuanjie's tombstone and said, "I'm sorry, brother. I didn't take care of her well. You must be cursing me now, right? Curse me, anyway, I can't hear you..."

He looked at Xiaoya's tombstone and said, "You're both gone, did you ever think about what I would do alone? We agreed to build a cabin together on the other side, but now even you're gone... sigh~ I hope you didn't leave too quickly. Wait for me, I'll come find you soon, and then we'll build a cabin together in another world..."

As he spoke, tears flowed again, and he wiped them away, "Okay, I won't say anything else. I'm leaving." He turned and walked away. The next day, the "United Government" and the "Cosmic Research Institute" simultaneously announced the revocation of the Shield Mountain Defense Layer.

This news caused a huge uproar worldwide, and people protested one after another.

The Shield Mountain Defense Layer was the most effective defense system against the marauders. Once revoked, the consequences would be unimaginable. It was like opening the door wide to the marauders who were lurking in outer space! The entire planet of Saitan would be plunged into an irreversible process of destruction!

The United Government explained, "We also know that this is very dangerous, but there is no other way. If we don't do this, everyone will be even more dangerous! Please trust the United Government. We have made arrangements in the underground bunker. Please rest assured, the bunker is very safe, and the marauders can't get in."

Rumors spread, but the United Government never explained. Perhaps they were also too lazy to explain. The damn bastards were going to run away, say what you want to say.

Qin Feng found Li Hongyue and asked, "Why close the Shield Mountain?"

He said, "This is an order from above. We only need to obey, no need to ask why."

Qin Feng: "This is equivalent to self-destruction! Once the Shield Mountain defense layer is gone..."

He shook his head, "It's useless, even if the output power is reduced, the result will be the same. Only by shutting it down can we avoid an explosion."

Qin Feng pondered for a moment and said, "Well, let's pretend I didn't come." Then he turned and walked out. Soon after, the Shield Mountain defense layer was revoked, and hordes of marauders swarmed in! Without the protection of the defense layer, Saitan was like a baby taken out of a warm box, easily vulnerable to destruction!

Five years ago, they activated the Shield Mountain defense layer for survival. Five years later, still for survival, they deactivated the Shield Mountain defense layer, as if it had never been activated.

The leader of the United Government said in a later speech, "Thank you, Shield Mountain, for letting us live for five more years."

People who had lost hope no longer trusted the United Government. They said, "It was the United Government that abandoned Saitan, it was the United Government that destroyed human civilization!"

They began to pray, praying for the gods to come down, praying for God's protection... Bunkers around the world fell one after another, and even the periphery of the airspace had many marauders roaming. They didn't launch an attack because they feared the original sphere.

But this was not a solution. Sooner or later, they would launch an attack!

The giant mothership in the sky gradually approached Saitan, and as the distance got closer, it seemed even larger, almost obscuring the entire sky, as if a giant were standing in space overlooking Saitan.

Affected by the super gravity of the mothership, the North and South Poles of Saitan slowly moved to one side. The Cosmic Research Institute first noticed the anomaly, but was powerless to stop it.

In just a few days, earthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanic eruptions destroyed everything on the surface. Saitan truly became a barren land, everywhere was disaster...

The airspace was forced to move underground, and the airspace had its own bunker, with a safety factor higher than other bunkers.

When he first entered the bunker, Qin Feng was shocked by the magnificence of it. It was located five floors underground, a place he had never been to before.

The first time, Xiaoya showed him the first three floors. The second time, Lunyuan showed him the fourth floor. This third time, they came directly to the fifth floor.

The world below was beyond description, almost infinite in size, but Qin Feng couldn't visually see how big it was.

The buildings here were completely restored to the surface world on a 1:1 scale.