Part 66

"A piece of good news is often accompanied by a piece of bad news," the United Government announced, "Two-thirds of the bunkers on Saitan have fallen one after another. The raiders used a drilling tool to penetrate the bunkers, and then swarmed in!"

The bunkers were no longer safe, but fortunately, the Silver City bunker remained intact. The United Government notified survivors from around the world to quickly make their way to the Silver City bunker for refuge.

The Silver City bunker was prepared to receive refugees at the earliest opportunity, but after two days, only a few people had arrived. After five days, still, only a handful had come...

The United Government felt that traveling here from all over the world was not an easy task, especially with raiders roaming the land, facing countless dangers and obstacles, making the journey perilous. Therefore, they advised everyone to be patient and wait a little longer.

After waiting for more than ten days, there were occasional arrivals in the past few days, but in the later days, there were basically no more.

Forced by circumstances, the United Government closed the elevator, the only way to prevent raiders from entering.

"Aren't we waiting anymore?" Qin Feng asked Li Hongyue during a chat.

He shook his head, "We're not the ones making decisions, and besides, they've waited long enough."

Qin Feng said, "Shouldn't we send a few planes from the airspace defense zone to look for survivors? Maybe there are still people outside."

"No need, the cost is too high. In this special period, civilians are far less important than soldiers."

"But they are still living people."

"Put aside your compassion and sympathy. This is war, and your ideas simply don't apply. And they could easily endanger you and those around you."

Qin Feng understood his meaning, that he didn't want to endanger the airspace defense zone, so he offered to go himself, without involving anyone else. But Li Hongyue refused, saying, "Your life is more important!"

The United Government did not announce that those outside were all dead for two reasons. One, to avoid causing panic. Two, they also hoped that those outside were still alive, although the hope was very slim...

But they didn't give up, leaving a small group of constitutional guards at the elevator entrance on the ground, ready to assist any survivors who might arrive.

The raiders dared not be too brazen near the Silver City, especially near the airspace defense zone.

So, the task of searching for survivors and bringing them to the Silver City bunker naturally fell on the airspace defense zone.

"How about it? You didn't let me go last time, but now the United Government has spoken, right?" Qin Feng joked. Shortly after receiving the task, the airspace defense zone set off, a rescue team consisting of hundreds of fighter jets. Although the likelihood of finding survivors was slim, everyone was not discouraged. For these pilots who had rested for several months, having something to do was already good.

As they emerged from the ground, Qin Feng's helmet fogged up, the result of the temperature difference between underground and aboveground being too great.

Qin Feng wiped the mist off his helmet and saw everyone standing in front of the playground. With a rumble, the ground trembled violently as hundreds of fighter jets ascended from below.

Li Hongyue stood at the forefront, speaking through synchronous voice transmission, "This is not a simple rescue mission. Once we leave Silver City, the world outside is full of dangers! I don't expect you to save many people, but I hope everyone can return safely! The number of people present now must be the same when you return, not one less! Understand?"