Part 12

The Titan Calendar: May 26, 2733.

It's been over a year since the last marauder raid, and to prevent a similar event from happening again, the "United Coalition" has devoted most of its resources to hunting down hidden marauders and advancing the Aegis Plan globally.

After more than a year of thorough searching, no traces of the marauders have been found, which has somewhat relieved everyone.

The construction of the 1,000 Aegis-Class Colonization Ships is nearing completion, and the Aegis Plan is in full swing preparation.

After the last raid, everyone became even more convinced of the feasibility of the Aegis Plan. With the possibility of another large-scale attack by aliens at any time, no one knows if they will be able to withstand it. Whether the planet Titan, on which they rely for survival, will be able to withstand it.

The United Coalition announced: The first batch of immigrants has been determined and will officially set off for Aegis Star in three days.

The latest news about the Aegis Plan is being broadcast on advertising screens in streets and alleys: "According to the latest announcement by the United Coalition, this blue planet, which is closest to us at 55 million kilometers and farthest at over 400 million kilometers, will soon replace Titan as our new home..."

At a coffee shop on the corner of the street, Qin Feng and Xiao Ya sat facing each other.

Qin Feng shook his head with a smile. "Is this also considered the latest news? I knew about it years ago."

"News, you know~ You have to make a fuss about it. Besides, for ordinary people, this is indeed new." Xiao Ya took a sip of her coffee.

Over the past year, the two of them had often gone out for coffee like today, occasionally walking around and shopping. It wasn't as inseparable as before, but their relationship remained close.

They never mentioned Landy when they were together, and Qin Feng never asked. After three years apart, even the closest people can become strangers and need time to adjust.

They had been adjusting for a year...

"Do you want to leave here?" Qin Feng asked.

"Go where?"

"To Aegis Star."

She hesitated for a moment before shaking her head. "No."

Three days later, on May 29, 2733, late in the Titan Calendar.

Millions of citizens gathered in the observation area outside Launch Complex 2 of the Universal Space Research Center, witnessing this historic moment.

The massive space carrier, carrying the Aegis-Class colonization spacecraft and two thousand colonists, was ready on the launch pad.

The United Coalition temporarily renamed this Aegis-Class ship as the "Explorer" and collectively referred to the two thousand first wave colonists as "Pioneers" because they would help humanity explore their new home.

Scientists have studied that the term "human" is not something we created, but something inherent, and the term "brain" is not something we invented, but a name the brain gave itself...

Qin Feng, Xiao Ya, Ruan Xiaoyu, and Zhong Yuanjie stood among the crowd, looking up at the behemoth.

"Will they not collide with the Shield Mountain when they fly out?" Ruan Xiaoyu asked.

"In a moment, a hole will open in the Shield Mountain, and it will close after they leave," Xiao Ya said.

Ruan Xiaoyu: "What if the marauders come in? Isn't this very dangerous?"

Everyone rolled their eyes at him simultaneously. Qin Feng: "The marauders are sleeping near the sun, they won't be coming anytime soon."

"Going to Aegis Star, isn't that getting closer to the marauders?" he asked again.

"There's a saying: the most dangerous place is the safest place." Zhong Yuanjie said, "There used to be a large creature on Aegis Star, but it was wiped out by them four years ago."

"What kind of large creature? Why haven't I heard of it?" Ruan Xiaoyu asked.

"A dragon." Xiao Ya made a fierce expression, "A man-eating dragon!"

"Not scary at all." Ruan Xiaoyu shrugged.

Qin Feng: "They probably wouldn't expect life to reappear on a planet they destroyed in such a short time."

Ruan Xiaoyu: "Well, then it's a gamble~ A gamble that they won't find out, a gamble that they're clueless."

Xiao Ya: "We've always been gambling, haven't we~ Gambling that they won't come back..."

At this moment, the countdown began in the sky above the Universal Space Research Center: [10, 9, 8...3, 2, 1, ignition!]

After a loud bang, flames spewed out from the main thruster and eight boosters under the space carrier, the sound was deafening, even the people standing several kilometers away in the observation area had to cover their ears.

The carrier slowly ascended with a long "tail," getting faster and faster, and disappeared from people's sight after a few minutes.

It's on its way, they're on their way!

It carried the first interstellar colonization ship in human history and two thousand warriors, embarking on the first expedition in human history!

Everyone cheered for them! Xiao Ya: "The fastest would be a month, the slowest a year, depending on how far our planet is from it. The current distance is about 140 million kilometers, so it might take around 2-3 months..."

Ruan Xiaoyu looked surprised, "No wonder you're the Miss of Space Defense, beautiful and smart, knowing everything."

Qin Feng and Zhong Yuanjie scoffed disdainfully on the side.

Xiao Ya seemed to like his praise, so the two of them became more and more enthusiastic as they chatted, almost becoming best friends...

But at a crucial moment, he asked a shocking question: "What if they encounter the marauder fleet halfway?"