Part 41

They looked up at the behemoth, and the surrounding workers seemed to have not noticed when the three arrived... They were all busy.

Curious, Xiaoya asked a nearby worker, "Excuse me, I'd like to ask, what's the liquid in those tubes?"

"What tubes?" the person asked without looking up.

She gestured to the tubes inserted into the raider's body. "Those."

Glancing at them, he replied, "The dark yellow one is its blood, and the white one is a sedative."

"What! Are you actually drawing its blood?" Xiaoya exclaimed.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing... nothing... just asking..." Xiaoya hastily replied.

The worker glanced at her, noticing the slight difference in their attire, and asked, "What do you do?"

"Oh! We're from the Air Defense Zone, here to visit it," Xiaoya said.

"Stay back and observe from a distance, don't get in the way," he instructed.

"Oh," she pouted, and the three stepped back a few steps.

"Humph, look at them, acting all high and mighty. When it's time to fight, they become cowards, but who's the one charging at the front? And now, after the battle, we're the ones causing trouble. Where can we reason?" Zhong Yuanjie grumbled.

Qin Feng shrugged. "In war, every contribution counts. As long as we do our best, each person is crucial. This is their battlefield, so we should stand back and not interfere."

Zhong Yuanjie scoffed. "Alright, alright, whatever you say."

"Huh? What's that?" Xiaoya ran to the side, but before she could take a few steps, she accidentally tripped on something and lost her balance, letting out a scream as she fell...

By the time Qin Feng and the others reacted to the scream, she was struggling to sit up, rubbing her knee and blowing air, tears almost falling from the pain, wearing a frustrated expression. "It hurts so much! Who tripped me?"

No one answered her. Hearing the scream, everyone just glanced at her before returning to work.

Someone falling was a common occurrence here, happening frequently, and no one cared who fell.

Qin Feng intended to go help her up but saw her glaring at a cable on the ground... Clearly, it was this cable that tripped her.

She rushed over and grabbed the cable. Seeing this, Qin Feng's heart sank, muttering, 'Oh no!' but it was too late to stop her.

As Qin Feng shouted, "Don't!" she grabbed the cable and yanked it forcefully, plunging the surroundings into darkness!

Everyone was stunned. After a few seconds, emergency lights sequentially activated, filling the hall with a deep red glow, even denser than the Shield Mountain defense layer...

Suddenly, someone shouted, "Check the power source!"

Everyone snapped out of their daze and began checking for the problem.

Qin Feng ran over, pulled Xiaoya aside, handed her to Zhong Yuanjie, then ran back and shouted, "Here! This wire is broken!"

Several people rushed over, and taking advantage of the chaos, he slipped back to the two, saying, "This place is not safe, let's go!"

The hall was in chaos. Suddenly, there was a dull thud, as if something heavy had fallen.

The three turned to look, and they gasped in horror!