Part 36

The three of them arrived at the door of the command room. Xiaoya pressed a button next to it and waved at the camera. Soon after, there was a click, and the door opened.

Qin Feng and Zhong Yuanjie exchanged a glance and followed her inside. Unlike the Marine Corps command room, this was a huge square hall, capable of accommodating at least a thousand people.

All the staff were busy in front of their light brains, with a massive floor-to-ceiling window behind them, offering a panoramic view of half of the air defense zone. In front of them was a display screen the same size as the floor-to-ceiling window, divided into countless smaller screens, resembling surveillance footage.

Land Yuan was sitting in front of this massive display screen.

Xiaoya walked over, exchanged a few words with him, and then led the two men out.

"What's going on? Don't they need us?" Zhong Yuanjie asked.

"If they didn't need us, they wouldn't have let us stay last night. He's busy now, so we'll wait for him in his office," Xiaoya replied.

"I thought it was a bit inappropriate for us to go directly to the command room. It's too impolite..." Zhong Yuanjie muttered.

"Oh, when did you start understanding politeness?" Qin Feng teased.

"I've always been very polite, okay?" Zhong Yuanjie retorted.

"Didn't seem like it," Qin Feng smirked.

"Don't worry about it," Xiaoya interrupted. "Let's go."

The three of them arrived at the door of Land Yuan's office, which had a sign that read: Commander Land's Office.

"Who is Commander Land?" Qin Feng asked.

"It's Commander Land Yuan," Xiaoya clarified.

"Who came up with that name? Is it supposed to be artistic to omit a character?" Qin Feng joked.

Xiaoya rolled her eyes at him, pushed open the door, and walked in.

The interior was simple, with a spacious office containing only a desk, a chair, a long sofa, and a bookshelf. Apart from some books, the bookshelf also displayed some badges and trophies. Qin Feng picked up a badge and remarked, "This guy's impressive. He's earned so many titles at such a young age. If I had known earlier, I would have come to the air defense zone too, flown some planes, dropped a few bombs. Maybe now I could be a commander too."

"Don't touch anything. Put it back," Xiaoya scolded.

"Why? What's the harm in looking?" Qin Feng protested, but he carefully placed the badge back where it belonged. He looked around the room and asked, "Why isn't he here yet?"

"He's probably tied up with the current situation outside. He might not be able to break away for a while," Xiaoya explained.

"Hmph, it's like he can't function without him," Qin Feng muttered.

Xiaoya's expression turned cold. "Sit down!"

Qin Feng obediently sat on the sofa.

Zhong Yuanjie, sensing the tension, quietly walked to the window and pretended to admire the view.

"What's going on with you? Every time he's mentioned, you react like this. What did he do to upset you? If he did something wrong, I'll apologize to you on his behalf," Xiaoya demanded.

Qin Feng's eyes darted around, avoiding her gaze.

"I'm asking you a question! What did he do to upset you?" she persisted.