Chapter 18

Hayley's Pov;

I woke up in a hospital bed, with pain in a lower section on my stomach. I looked around to see my parents sitting down.

"M-mom" I manage to speak while feeling my throat dry up.

She runs up to me and calls the nurse to let them know I'm awake, I felt weak and sleepy. Looking around feeling as if someone was missing. That's when I remembered everything that happened and started panicking.

"W-where is Grayson?!" I start to sit up but felt pain shoot through out my body.

"He isn't allowed to see you anymore" my dad spoke in anger

"Is he okay?! Tell him to come please" I begged my parents but they refused to let him anywhere near me.

"He's the reason why you're here in the first place" my mom started trying to convince me that he wasn't good for me, I zoned her out and told them I needed some rest.

After pretending to be asleep I heard them get up and leave to get something to eat, quickly I looked around for a phone and called Grayson.

\\ phone call //

Grayson: hello? *i heard his raspy tired voice *

Me; G-Grayson .. Where are you?

Grayson; Hayley? .. I .. I have to go

\\ End of phone call //

Something didn't feel right with his voice tone, he sounded upset knowing I had called him. Feeling rejected I put the phone back and went to sleep with dried tears on my face.

-----A WEEK LATER---------

I'm finally going home today, my wound has healed a bit so the doctor is letting me go home. Sadly I'm under strict rules, I can't move to much to the point where my wound could open again.

It's been a whole week since I've last talked to Grayson, he hasn't called me or even tried to come see me. It pains me to know that I didn't mean much to him.

After crying for days I decided that I wouldn't continue crying over him, so I decided to avoid everything that had to do with him.

As I was making my way towards the main doors of the hospital, I bumped into a male who's scent seemed familiar to me.

Turning around I see Ethan walking towards the main entrance. Quickly I try and catch up to him while trying not to run so fast.

"Ethan! Wait up!" I call him several times until he finally stops and turns around to face me.

"H-hey.. Do you know where Grayson is?" I tried asking him as serious as I could even though he scared me a little.

"I don't know.. All I know is that he doesn't want you anywhere near him. I also heard he's moving away soon! Which is great now I won't have to see him anymore!" He chuckled at his response while I felt my heart shatter.

He didn't want me anywhere near him... And he's moving! I can't believe I didn't mean much to him! I hate him so much right now

Ethan looked at me with pity eyes, looking away I excuse myself and start to make my way towards my parents to head home.

After arriving at my house, I quickly glance at Grayson's house only to see his car not there. Slowly I make my way inside hoping I hear him calling me, but it didn't happen so I went to my room and cried a little.

It's been about twenty minutes or so since I came home, I wasn't expecting anybody to come over. According to my mom a boy is downstairs waiting for me. Putting on some shorts and a loose shirt I put my hair in a ponytail.

As I made my way downstairs I was really hoping it was Grayson.

When I finally reached the last step, I came face to face with Chase. Even though he wasn't who I was expecting, I was glad somebody came to see me. I go up to him and give him a small and quick hug, technically I'm still dating Grayson.. Or I was I don't know anymore.

"I know you just got home... But want to go get something to eat?" He asked me patiently knowing I could reject him.

"Uh.. Sure, by the way thanks for coming" I give him a small smile before letting my parents know I was leaving.

"I heard what happened to you.. And well I didn't know your last name so I couldn't visit you at the hospital... But I found out you were Grayson's neighbor so I came over as soon as I could" he grabbed onto my hand lightly while taking me to his car.

As I make my way slowly to his car, I look around to Grayson's house only to see him getting out of his car. He looked at me for a quick second before looking down and walking away towards his house.

Feeling upset I quickly make my way to Chase's car and get in the passenger seat waiting for him to get on the driver seat. Then we drive away and I give Grayson's house one last look, only to see him coming back outside with luggage in both hands.

{A/N: hey guys hope you liked this chapter, well I didn't really have a plan for this chapter, but it took a twist. Thanks to a friend I got an idea for the beginning of the chapter So s/o to her😈🔥. Well please vote and comment, remember I won't be updating if there's no comments. Thanks for the views/reads loves 💖}