Chapter 23

{please read the note at the end of the book, otherwise you'll be confused on some changes I made on different chapters!!}

Hayley's Pov:

I slowly followed Ethan, watching his every move. He seemed furious about something, I wonder what happened while I was locked up in the room.

"Sit" Ethan put a chair in the middle of an empty room, I didn't notice this room in the cabin earlier. Sitting down on the chair he slowly moved back and closed the door, looking around there wasn't much to look at.

There was a window on one wall which was covered with cardboard, other than that it was empty with only this chair and some rope laying on the floor.

"I want to talk about your past" he looked at me and pointed the gun at my forehead.

Feeling nervous I slowly took a deep breath and acted normal, I was taught better than this. "Never show emotions" started to replay in my mind of the day when my life turned into hell.

"What do you want to know?" I simply asked him and looked at him curiously, I was taught how to lie to keep myself alive, 'he' taught me many things. So lying to Ethan was no big deal. I hated people knowing my dark past, I told myself not to continue doing what I used to do, but if it meant Ethan leaving me alone then I had no other choice.

"There's rumor going around that you had a brother?" He asked me in a serious tone while crossing his arms.

I froze at the thought of my brother, who knows where he is. The last time I saw him he told me to escape and never return.

"I don't have one" I shrugged it off and continued to stay calm and silent.

"Are you sure?" He asked me again and I replied the same thing. He was starting to get on my nerves.

"What happened that day before the bonfire?" he asked me again not changing his tone.

I froze once again, I'm not sure how Ethan found out about this but whoever told him i'm going to murder! I came hiding from my past now to have it brought up again!

"Well I decide to run away instead, it's that simple" I lied again hoping he would drop the topic and leave me alone.

"Are you sure about that?" I nodded at his question, he got closer to me pointing the gun at my chest.

GRAYSON'S POV:

I woke up with glass near my face, i was on the ground for some reason. Thinking back to earlier I remember Ethan threatening me. Hopefully he believed me about Hayley and doesn't hurt her. Cursing under my breath I call Cameron only to have her tell me they weren't there.

Thinking I tried remembering any near places he could have gone, that's when I realized we had a cabin near here.

Getting into my car I sped to the cabin, a while later I saw Ethan's car parked in front of the cabin so I parked a couple meters behind.

Slowly I walked up to the door and turned the knob, luckily it was unlocked. Going inside I saw hayleys phone on a couch and the kitchen light turned on. I started going up the stairs, that's when I heard someone speaking in a room.

Being nosy I stood in front of the door and overheard the conversation.

"You lying bitch! Tell me what happened that night!" I heard Ethan yell and someone whimper.

Feeling the blood boil inside of me I kicked the door opened, walking in I saw Ethan pointing a gun at Hayley while she was sitting in a chair.

Ethan looking at me grabbed hayley from behind, and held the gun next to her head while he put his other arm around her neck.

"What the fuck is going on?!" I ask them confused only to see Ethan's devilish smile show across his face.

"Well you see Grayson, Hayley isn't who we think she is! I was just trying to get her to tell me her past! But you fucking ruined it like always!!" he started going all crazy and moved the gun towards me.

"Bullshit hayley isn't hiding anything! she would have told me by now right babe?" I look at her angelic face while he nods and confirms what I said.

"Stacy told me about her Grayson!" Hearing her name pissed me off so much.

"You saw here?! Where is she! I'm going to fucking murder her! That bitch stabbed hayley! AND YOU'RE OVER HERE LISTENING TO HER BULLSHIT!" I growled in annoyance and anger while Ethan started to think about what I said.

"Stacy might be right" he finally spoke and put the gun back on Hayley's head

"Look Ethan, leave her alone and i'll forgive you for trying to turn against me last summer" I calmly spoke while his face got furious.

"Are you serious right now?! Going to that party and fucking my girlfriend pretending to be me, and also taking me out later on to meet up with .." I cut him off knowing he wouldn't forgive me

"Bullshit just leave hayley alone" I spat, I should have killed him when I had the chance.

"No! I Almost got killed after the party because of you're stupid ass! NOT JUST THAT YOU TURNED AGAINST ME! You went along with what he told you to to! you preferred him over me!" I looked at him to see his face red in anger and his eyes getting watery.

"Look I'm sorry Ethan ... Jake told me you were turning against me so when we decided to meet up with 'him' (aka unknown guy) well it was the perfect plan to turn against you! I just didn't know he was going to try and shoot you!" I looked down upset

"I was never going to turn against you Grayson, we were bestfriends, we had eachothers back, but you decided to listen to jakes lies and turn against me!" his words hurt me, maybe he was right, maybe jake had lied.

"It doesn't change anything Ethan that guy is still after us, so we have to team up" I spoke while looking up with guilt all over my face

{A/N: hey guys! Okay so I CHANGED 'Jason' to the name 'Chase' in the EARLIER CHAPTERS BC I needed that name for anther new character! So IF YOU SEE the name Jason later on just know he's an important new character hint hint. Sorry if you get confused just let me know and i'll try to help you understand the change I made! Also I hope you guys liked this chapter! Plus I didn't really reveal much from the their past but soon it's going to be revealed! Don't forget to vote and comment, I WON'T BE UPDATING IF THERE'S NO COMMENTS , thanks for all the views loves💖}