Chapter 45

Hayley's Pov:

While I was walking down the side walk, looking around for Jason's car. I saw a familiar shaped car around the corner.   Realizing it was Grayson's car I jump behind one of the cars parked in his parking lot and hide. I watch as he gets out of his car and walks into the house. I start freaking out because soon he'll realize I'm not in there and come outside looking for me. I take out my phone and call Jason .

{Phone call}

Jason: hello? I'm on my way don't go anywhere

Me: change of plans Grayson' just came back, meet me at the cafe near here. I'll figure out a way to meet you there.

Jason : just wait your ass right there, don't move I'm so close

Me: Jason , I can see him through the window . He doesn't seem to know I'm gone yet, but he's making his way upstairs now. ... Meet me at the cafe!

Jason: Okaii, just get there safe please !

I assure him and hang up, quickly I start to run down the sidewalk while hiding as much as I could. I finally get to the Main Street and start running as fast as I can. Once I was a block away I started slowly down, just one more block and I'll be at the cafe soon. As I'm walking I notice car lights behind me, thinking it was Grayson I look away from the light and continue straight forward.

"Hayley ?" I heard someone speaking to me, but continued to walk.

"Hayley .. It's chase " my moods quickly changes as I turn around to notice it was chase. I felt so much relief knowing I wasn't in danger at the moment.

"Uh .. Chase , hey what's up?" Trying to act normal I give him a small smile

"It's freezing outside , come on get in the car , I'll take you to your destination" he smiles back at me , while I quickly run to the passenger side and get in his car.

"Where to?" He puts his hands on the steering wheel and waits for my response .

" the cafe shop near here" he nods and starts driving.

"Haven't seen you in a while , thought you hated me" he doesn't turn around to look at me, but I start feeling awkward.

" no, I don't hate you chase. I was just having some family problems, so I stopped talking to everyone" I try to make things less weird, while he just nods.

"Well, we're here . Mind if I come in with you ? " he turns his attention towards me while I try to figure out a way to make him leave.

" actually .. I uh, was going to have a family meeting soon , so I just came for some coffee . .. It's just a quick Come  and go type of thing" I flash a fake smile while he sighs and tells me it's okay.

Getting out of his car I walk into the cafe looking around for Jason. I sit down at a nearby table , while I wait for him.

A couple minutes passed by before I felt someone come near me. I turn around to see Jason, getting up I walk up to him and give him a tight hug.

"I'm sorry I took so long, I had some issues " I don't say anything just follow him to his car. As I look at him , he was wearing a black hoodie that went past his hips and some black jeans , he had his hoodie on and wore some shades. It sucks how he can't be seen out in public unless he wears clothes to cover his looks. Otherwise the cops could find him at any time.

As I get into his car he hands me a black hoodie to put over my shirt , I do as he tells me to , after I put it on I turn my head towards my left , and notice that chase's car is still here. Frowning I look around the cafe for him.  He wasn't anywhere in the cafe, feeling concerned I told Jason to drive already .

As we were driving I noticed a car following us, looking clearly I realized it was chase.

"Jason ... That car behind us is following us" I  look at him , not knowing how he'll react.

"I know , I noticed it too. Just wait till we get on the main highway" I nod while trying to stay calm , i wonder why chase is following us.

As we reach the highway , Jason started speeding and making his way through the traffic. After half an hour we lost chase behind in all the traffic. Jason didn't stop though, he kept speeding until we finally reached one of his houses .

"Do you know who that could have been?" Jason started speaking , breaking the silence .

" yeah .. It was chase, he gave me a ride to the cafe " I shrugged trying to make it see, Casual . Jason nodded then looked me directly in the eyes.

"Why are you scared of Grayson ?" He looked at me so seriously , it gave me chills .

" I .. Uh .. I'm not , it's just that I .." I try to hold in my tears .

"Hayley , tell me the truth now" Jason goes into his dominant mafia king mode , so there's no way out of this unless I tell him the truth.

" Well he told me that if I left him to go with you , he would hurt me. He told me that he had Kylie getting info about you to ruin you if I left him.  .. After I made him think I hated you and would support him, he gave me back my phone and that's how I was able to contact you. He's cheated on my with Kylie so many times, that I got tired of it so I finally decided to leave. " I finally was able to let it all out , making me feel better yet scared.

" it's okay sis, I'm not going to let him hurt you I promise. I'll try everything I can to keep him away from you, and about Kylie ... I knew she was trying to get info , so I changed all my files and gave her false information . I'm not as dumb as I seem to be " he chuckles And gets out of the car, I sit there alone and think of how I shouldn't have stressed so much about this.

As I get out of the car I walk into his house and sit in the kitchen on a stool. I look around and admire this house, he's always buying houses , well more like mansions and they all seem to be beautiful .

"Did you bring your phone ? " Jason walks into the kitchen with a concerned face.

" no, I left it at the cafe . I'm not so stupid , I remembered the training classes you gave me" I roll my eyes at him and sigh loudly.  As I'm doing this I heard a car driving near the parking lot, my eyes get huge and I start panicking .

{Authors Note: hey guys! Hoped you liked the chapter, I haven't been updating as much as I wished I could, but I'll try and update soon ! Remember to vote and comment if you liked this chapter! , thanks for reading 💖}