Chapter One

Present Day

Chapter 1:

Trey

I walk into the elevator to me and Lyric apartment. Today I was going to surprise Lyly I just got back from tour. Now Lyric and I don't live together or nothing we just bought an apartment in the same building, so we could be close to each other. Nelly didn't like it at first but I guess Lyric made him change his mind. I went up to the door before I could knock the door swung open. "Trey!" she shrieked running into my arms. "Hey" I said squeezing her tightly. "Did you get taller" she said examining me. "I don't think so" she pulled me inside her apartment. "When did you get here? How was the tour? How are you doing?" the questions kept coming. "Dang girl breathe" I laughed. She hit my arm playfully "I'm sorry I'm just so happy that you are back" "It's only been 5 months" "That's a long time not being with my best friend." Lyric and I had a lot of love for each other but it remained in the friendship status since she was still with Nelly. "So how are you" I asked....she looked down then sighed, "I'm fine" "You don't sound like it" I said looking at her. I put my hand on her chin so she would look at me "What's wrong Lyly" I asked. "Nothing" she said with an attempt to smile but failed. "Does it have to do anything with ol' dude" She didn't answer so I assume yes. Lyly took my hand into hers "Don't worry about me Trey I will be fine. I'm a big girl I can take care of myself" "I know you can but you don't have to" I said pulling her hands to my lips and placing a kiss on them. "Trey..." she said looking down and removing her hands from mines. She stood and went into the kitchen "Are you hungry" she asked "Yeah lets go out though then maybe head over to the studio." "Sounds good to me just let me change into something decent okay" I looked at her funny she looked perfect to me "What?" she said "Nothing" I said with a smile. "Uh huh" she said walking into her bedroom. ......30 minutes later....... We were gone. After eating at Lyric's favorite restaurant, Jersey Market we arrive at the studio "Hey baby girl" the guys greeted Lyric. "Hey guys" she said hugging them all. "I'm glad Trey finally gets to see you. I mean you shoulda have heard him on the tour bus.' I wonder what Lyric doing. That's Lyric favorite food. Lyric this and Lyric that.' I'm sorry Lyric but I was so sick of your name" Barry said laughing. They all laughed with him I couldn't help but smile I glanced up and saw her looking right at me. "I don't think I came here to get picked on" I said grinning. "You know where to go" JD said. I left Lyly and went inside the recording room. "Okay Trey I need you to start at the intro of I Need a Girl" JD said through the intercom. I shook my head the music started to play.....

"I Need A Girl"- Trey Songz

[Intro:]

Shawty where you at?,

Yea, yea.

[Verse 1:]

It gets lonely in this business, need a homey

Who tha realest.

Someone who wants to find out all that I have to give.

Who can bring me what is missin', when I talk she wanna listen.

Sittin' patient steady waitin', for the day when I can't face it.

[Breakdown:]

The one that can love me for, who I am and so much more (is it you?).

You ma Bonnie (say that I) I found the one;

I ain't gonna rest till I know for sure, sure.

[Chorus:]

Baby please believe me when I tell you that, I need a girl (need a girl).

So come on pretty lady won't you holla back, I need a girl