Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Lyric

I stared out the window looking into the clear blue sky. “We will be arriving in Raleigh, North Carolina shortly. Thank you for flying with AirTran Airways”, the flight attendant said over the intercom. I sat up straight in my chair and rubbed my stomach. I was starting to get bigger I was glad Trey didn’t notice. I thought for a moment about him. Thinking about how he is probably hurting right now. I pulled out my cell and checked to see if I missed any calls, Trey. I started to dial his number but that would just make matters worse. I put it back in my pocket and continued to look out my window……..

I got into my rental car, turning up the radio after I put on my seatbelt  then drove off……I ran up to the porch of the big brick house where my mom lives. I wanted to surprise her by my visit. I haven’t seen her for almost a year now. I stood there for a minute then knocked on the door. “Who is it?” she asked “It’s me, mom” I said. The door opened quickly then before I knew it two arms were wrapped around me. “Aww my baby” she said squeezing me in her arms. “It’s good to see you too, mom” I hugged her back. We walked into the house “Are you hungry?” she asked excited “Yes ma’am” I said with a smile. I missed my mom cooking so much. “Where’s Celeste” I asked. “She should be here in a little while” she said. Celeste was my little sister, she is 18. Right when she finished that sentence the doorknob twisted letting in a slight breeze “Mom who’s car is that” Celeste said in the hall dropping off her things. She walked into the kitchen where we were standing in. When she saw that it was me she ran into me barely knocking me down. “What are you doing here?” she asked hugging me as tight as my mom did earlier. I didn’t answer her I just gave her a look that meant we will talk about it later. After we all ate dinner me and Celeste went outside to go get my things. “So…” she started “How’s everything” she asked. I didn’t know where to start. “When the last time you talked to Rome” I asked her. Rome was my little brother he is 21 he played college basketball down in California. “Two days ago. I don’t want to talk about Rome though. Let’s talk about you. How’s your life going?” “Umm well me and Nelly broke up” I said “It’s about time you left that loser” she smiled. “I didn’t do it on my own” I said “Trey helped” “What do you mean Trey helped?” she asked “I mean…first off promise me that you won’t tell anybody not even mom about what I’m going to tell you.” I stuck out my pinkie finger hoping she would take it. She reluctantly took my pinkie in with hers. “I was in an abusive relationship when I was with Nelly. When Trey found out he took me from that life and showed me a brand new one. But now I left him too,” “What? I can’t believe that. Why didn’t you tell anyone?” she asked “It never came up” I said looking down. “Ughh he better watch his back because if I see him-” she started until she looked at my face.  She could tell I didn’t want to talk about it anymore so she then asked “So what are you doing here?” “I’m pregnant” I said with tears in my eyes. “OMG with Nelly’s kid, does he know?” “Nah he doesn’t know and it’s none of his business” I said. “What are you talking about? He has a right to know” “No he doesn’t because it’s not his baby” I said talking to the ground. Truth is the dates are kinda close I can't be sure. “It’s not his baby then who’s it, Lyric” she said getting up in my face. “Trey’s” I whispered “Trey” she exclaimed I nodded my head “Lyric, when did this happen?” “It happened maybe a little too fast, we didn’t even date. It’s not like that matter much I love Trey. I guess that’s why it happened like it did. The love we had for each other was so strong it’s like we had been together forever” I said. She looked at me in disbelief; “Wow” she said “Yeah” I said “You got to tell him Lyric. You just gotta” “I don’t want him to lose what he loves so much” I said quietly. “He already lost you what else does he have left” she stated…