Chapter 40

Chapter 40

(A Couple Days Later)

Lyric

As me and Adrianna walked into the store cameras were flashing and microphones were thrown in our face. “Maybe we should’ve taken the alley” I said. “Chill girl, enjoy your stardom” she said pulling me to a clothes rack. “I never got this much attention when I was a model” I thought to myself. “So… how are things going with you and my brother?” Adri asked putting a dress up to her. “That’s cute” I said referring to the dress. “Michael and I are doing fine your brother is a great guy. I’m really glad you introduce me to him” I said. She smiled then said “I know I can pick them huh.  What about you and Trey? How is that working out for you?” she handed me this cute jeans. “It’s getting better I think” My phone rang I picked it up “What’s up JD” I said into the phone. I looked over at Adri signaling that our shopping spree might be cut short; she gathered all of our things and headed to the clerk. As she paid for our things JD and I continued to talk “So you need me to come today?” I asked before he could. “Umm yeah I know it is your day off but I really need you today” he said. “Okay I will be right there” I said as Adrianna walked back over to me with our bags. “I will pay you back” I said to her. “It’s okay, you’re my best friend and hopefully soon-to-be my sister- in -law” she said smiling. I smiled to her then JD said “Okay see you in a few” before hanging up. “I’m sorry about that” I said to Adrianna as we strolled out of the plaza getting into my new Land Rover. “No biggie” she said. I drove while she sang along with the radio. We got to the studio about 30 minutes later, when we walked in it seem like it was a meeting or something because everybody was there. I said hey to everyone while Adrianna stayed to chill with everyone. I swayed into the studio and went behind JD, putting my hands over his eyes. “Who could this be?” he asked playing along. “The up and coming singer you signed” I said removing my hands from his face. I see Trey in the booth, he smiles when he sees me and continues singing. “He is amazing” I said aloud. JD agreed “Yeah I know. He comes up with things like that” he said snapping his finger. “You telling me that he just came up with that” I said astonished.  “Yes he said that he needed to sing and I told him that room was opened for him” JD said before he pressed the intercom button to speak with Trey. “Let’s do a run back…unless you know…” JD said to him. “Nah I can sing it with her in here” Trey said to him but looked at me……….

Love Lost

Yeah…Yeah…Oh….Oh….

Reminiscing I remember me and you we used to play with the dogs
While you were sleep I’d stare, stare while you lay in my arms
And now I’m stuck on stupid rain forest couldn’t get wetter than you get
I used to beat it up you gave me your love I abused it now I’m facing the music

Oh how I yearn for your touch I’m so lonely now that you left me
If I could run away you know I would
And I’m hurtin cause girl I never loved you like I should
When your love is lost
Your whole world is thrown off
When the one you need don’t need you
What do you do when love is lost

I was trippin wouldn’t listen now I’m sitting sipping shots at the bar
Now I’m riding to the 90's hits listening to Aerosmith
I don’t wanna close my eyes don’t wanna fall asleep
Tell me how I can I be fly without the wind beneath my wings

Oh how I yearn for your touch I’m so lonely now that you left me
If I could run away you know I would
And I’m hurtin cause girl I never loved you like I should
When your love is lost
Your whole worlds thrown off
When the one you need don’t need you

What do you do when love is lost

And now I see
The man you need
When I look into the mirror I see change
And I close my eyes and wish you could see the same
But it’s too late

When your love is lost
Your whole worlds thrown off
When the one you need don’t need you
What do you do

When your love is lost
Your whole worlds thrown off
When the one you need don’t need you
What do you do when love is lost

Lost gone out the window
When love is lost
Lost can’t see your love no more
When the one you need don’t need you
What do you do when love is lost

I looked at him and saw something was different about him. He gestured for me to come in with him “I didn’t know you were going to be at the studio” I said hugging him. “Me either I think it was a setup” he said laughing. “Where is Avy?” I asked. “She is sleep in the next room” he said still holding on to me. I missed his hugs, they were so warm and they made you feel so safe like nothing could touch you when you were in his arms. He finally let go and sat down on the couch, patting a spot beside him hoping I would sit and talk. I sat down and we talked about me and the new career I’m taking on. We continued to talk until we got interrupted by JD “Hey guys I just got a thought. How about you two write a song together” he asked. “I don’t know” Trey said. “Why not?” I asked him. He looked at me puzzled then JD said “It would be good for the both of you” “I’m up for it” I said looking at Trey. He looked at me then a smile spread across his face. “Yeah I would love to have an excuse to be Lyric” he said. “Great I need a demo in about a week” “A week for a duet” I said loudly. “Chill baby…I mean Lyric” he sighed catching himself. “We can do it” he said finally. “Well I’m going to let you two, work on it. I will go check on Avy for you” JD said leaving the room. It was quiet for awhile then Trey cleared his throat “So you wanna get started” he asked. “Yeah sure” I said…….