Chapter Four

Chapter 4:

Lyric

The storm outside was nothing compared to the storm inside my heart. I stared at the four walls surrounding me. Everything in my mind was spinning around like a tsunami or a whirlwind. Every time I closed my eyes I saw him. I got up slipping on a pair of slippers and a robe. I tiptoed out of the room and went to Trey's room. I peeked in to sleep if he was sleep or just playing possum. He was sleep when I walked in. I crept over to the opposite side of the bed gently sat down then laid beside him. I cuddled up close to him trying to get warm. I placed my arm around his waist which startled him. He tried to turn around to me "I'm sorry do you want me to move my arm" I whispered "Nah you good" he said looking at me. He pulled the covers over me then asked "What's wrong" "Just didn't want to be alone" I said staring into his eyes. He caressed my face and said "You will never be left alone again".........................I woke up and looked over my shoulder to see Treys' sleeping face. I felt his arm wrapped around my waist gently picked it up and moved out of bed. I placed a pillow where my body was. I slipped on my running gear from my bag. I decided it would be considerate to write a note telling Trey where I was going I found a post- it and wrote.....

Trey -

I'm going for a run. I'll be back soon. Don't worry okay

- Lyric

I posted it on the refrigerator door and left........ I ran through a park and stop at a bench to catch my breath. I put my head between my legs just thinking when I was interrupted by my phone. I thought to myself Trey must have not seen the note I left for him. When I checked the phone it read Trey. "Hey what's up" I said casually. "Where are you? Are you okay?" Trey said frantically. "I'm fine just gone out for a run, I left a note" I said. It was a short pause then he said "Yeah I just found it" "I thought you would go to the fridge first thing, that's why I put it there. Sorry for worrying you, I will be there in a few okay" "Okay. Did you eat anything yet" "Nah" I said "Great I will cook us something to eat" "Okay see you in a few" "Alrite"..........................................................................I walked into Trey's house and said "Honey I'm home" laughing. He played along "I'm in the kitchen dear" I went into the kitchen which smelt wonderful by the way. "That smells great" I took in the smell. "Yeah I cook your favorite" "Your famous omelet" "Yup..." he said showing me "Mhmmm that looks amazing" I ran over to the sink to wash my hands then dried them and sat down at the dining room table. "Here you go Lyly" "Thanks" I said while he placed the plate in front of me. He pulled his chair out and sat down too. He blessed the food then dug in. I followed him yum I thought to myself. "How is it?" he asked looking at me. I pulled the fork out of my mouth and smiled "It's delicious". He grinned back and continued to eat. While we ate he started talking about my situation "I want to talk to him" I admitted to Trey. He looked shocked "You what" "I need to set things straight" "I don't know about that Lyric" "I will be fine. I'm just going to stop by there and talk about some things..." I was cut off "You're not going to forgive this guy are you" I looked at him but didn't answer. To tell you the truth I didn't know what I was going to do. I could tell he was upset "I can't believe you can be that naïve and stupid" That really ticked me off "I'm not stupid okay nor naïve. I can't believe you would say that to me" I said shocked and surprise looking at him intently. He was silent, I got up from the table "Where are you going?" he asked putting his drink back down on the table "I just lost my appetite. I'm going to bed" I said walking upstairs. "Lyric..." he called behind me standing up from his chair. I ran into the room, shutting the door and locking it behind me. He came up the stairs also "Lyly I'm sorry. It's just he keeps hurting you and you keep taking him back. Every time I see you hurt, I hurt too. You don't need somebody like that. You need someone who will help you not hurt you. You need somebody who would be there for when you need them the most and even when you don't. You need somebody who would love you. You...you just need me" he said through the door. I put my head on the door as he continued "My life began after I fell in love with you. You're like a dictionary; you add meaning to my life! I love you Lyric, always have and always will. And if you want me to fight for your love I will. I'm willing to fight for you and I will never give up on you" he said. I was quietly walking back and forth pacing around the room. What I am I going to do? I asked to myself.