Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Trey

I woke up and looked at my watch it was almost 1. I had a meeting at 10 this morning. “Dang it, Lyric. Babe, why didn’t you wake me up?” I asked sitting up. The house was quiet I looked down and saw glass on the floor. Then saw our picture smashed with the frame broken. I moved my hand to pick up the picture then fell down an envelope. I glanced at it, it was the results I turned it to the back to open it to see Lyric’s handwriting: I hope you’re satisfied. I hesitated but why I thought. I pried my finger through the flap and slid it open. I pulled the sheet and scanned it. “Mr. Tremaine Aldon Neverson is the father” I read. She was mines; Avery was my daughter I said to myself.

Lyric

(2 weeks later)

I checked my phone another 5 calls from Trey. I deleted them then slipped it into my back pocket. “Trey” Adrianna asked. “Yeah” I said quietly feeding Avery her lunch. She walked over to the fridge and looked inside “We don’t have any milk” she said. “We don’t? I will go get some” I said finishing up with Avery. “You don’t have to” she had said closing it shut. “Nah I insist” I said wiping Avery’s face clean of peas…….

As I was pushing the cart back to the car I got a call. I thought to myself Trey but when I looked at the screen it was JD. Why would he be calling me? I said to myself. I put the phone between my ear and shoulder “Hello” I said. “What’s up” he said. “Umm…nothing much” I said putting Avy in the car. “Listen I wanted to make you an offer you can’t refuse” he said. “What would that be?” I mocked. “I want to sign you. You are amazing artist and I want you before somebody else gets you.” “I don’t know JD” I started “Wait wait. Just think about it. If you do will get a number of things: house, free childcare for your daughter, and money. What could be better” he said with a laugh. I paused then said “Yeah sure I will do it” “That’s great. Woah. You don’t know how happy I am to hear that” he said. “So umm whats next” I said….