Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Trey (4months later)

It’s been four whole months since Lyric had the baby; she was now healthy enough to take a DNA test so we did. The test results should be back sometime this week. So it just made it harder to look at her and not know if she was really mines. I wanted her to be, I just didn’t want to get too attached then get hurt. I haven’t touched her since that day in the hospital when Nelly came. I watched Lyric struggle sometimes with her but if she knew how I felt she would do the same thing. “Trey please I need your help with Avery tonight. Are you sure you have to go?” she whined. She decided to name her Avery Zaire Neverson insisting that she was mines. “Yeah…um I have to record in the studio and then I’m hanging out with the Young Money crew” I said getting ready. Avery began to cry, Lyric rocked her a little bit trying to calm her down. “I guess hanging out with the crew is more important than your family” she said rolling her eyes placing Avery in her crib. “This is my career. You know how crazy my life would be beforehand Lyric” I stated putting on my jacket. “Well I didn’t know that you weren’t going to help me. Stay out all night in the streets doing God knows what with God knows who. Come home late drunk, seems like you barely beat the sun. I played the fool before and I will be damned if do it again.” “Listen I just wanna hang out for a little while” I stated. “Don’t you think I would like to “hang out” too sometimes? But I’m stuck here taking care of our daughter by myself” she said to me. “Wait a minute you don’t even know for sure if she’s mines or not, remember” I said arguing with her. “Don’t throw that in my face Trey okay” she yelled at me. “I’m done talking to you Lyric” I said grabbing my keys to go. “But I’m not done talking to you” she said standing in front of the door. “Lyric move” I said. “No” she said loudly. “Come on Lyric I have to be there in like….15 minutes” I said checking my watch. “You know what leave” she said moving from the door. I opened the door before I could close it she said “You gonna regret doing this Trey”. “Whatever Lyric” I said walking out to my car while she slammed the door shut.

Later on….

“Man, Trey what you doing to Lyric ain’t right” Drake said to me. I took another shot of Vodka I didn’t want to hear about how I was doing so wrong by her. I checked my watch the one she had given me and it read 1:30 am. Drake continued on “You know what kind of relationship she was in, maybe she had her doubt but she didn’t want that lifestyle for her child and thought you would be a better father than Nelly and I agree with her”, Drake looked at me and said “She loves you man and I know you love her too. Don’t lose her because you will never find another girl like her. I know a lot of guys would love a chance with her, I know I would” he smirked.  He got up and left me sitting there at the bar.