Chapter 50

Chapter 50

Lyric (Next Day)

After yesterday me and Michael were back on track. Michael, Rome, and Trey are out playing ball they left early this morning. I hope Rome goes easy on them. I look over at Avery whom seems kinda bored playing with her doll. “What do you want to do today Avery” “Mmmm” she said rubbing one of her small hands on her chin. “What a character” I thought to myself.  “I wanna paint” Avery says. “Okay” I said going to the cabinet pulling out the art supplies. She walked over to her table and waited. “Put this on okay sweetie. I don’t want you messing up your clothes” I said handing her an apron. “Okay mommy” she says with a smile. “Here you go” I said placing the paint in front of her. “Thank you” she says sticking her finger into some paint. “Remember the rules right….no getting paint on Mommy’s things kay” I said. “You got it” she says starting to paint. I laughed and kissed her on the forehead. I go over to the dishwasher and pull out the rack so I could put the dishes up it seems like I’m always doing this. I guess it’s because I have a lot of hungry friends who just love my cooking and I can’t disappoint them.  After finishing up the dishes I went over to Avy. “What you got there” I said bending down to her level. “You can’t look at it Mommy” she said putting her hands over the pictures. “Okay okay” I said getting up after I hear noise coming from outside. I went into the living room seeing the guys coming inside laughing and carrying on. “Hey you guys. How was the game?” I asked. “Oh hey sis” Rome said. “Hey baby how was your day” Michael asked kissing my forehead. “Good” I said smiling at him. Trey then comes in closing the door behind him “Hi Trey will you tell me how the game went?” I asked. Before he could say anything Rome answered “Ric you already know who won. Why you think ya boy over here didn’t answer you?” he laughed. “Whatever niqqa” Michael said nudging Rome. Avery walked in with her paintings “Look Daddy” Avery said giving Trey the picture. “Oh wow this is great” Trey said picking up Avy. “I wanna draw like you Daddy” Avery said to him. “Well you keep it up then you will be a lot better than me” Trey said with a smile on his face. “Okay” Avy said cheesing. “So Trey are you ready for the Awards Show” I asked him. “Yeah I can’t wait” he said with that one of kind, kind of smile only he has that can make my heart flutter every time and he knows it. Michael grabs me from behind and takes me into the hallway. I laughed “What’s up baby” I looked into his eyes. “I wanted to say hello the right way” he says kissing me on the lips passionately. I kiss back with the same feeling he pulls me into him more closely. “Baby we have company” I said pulling away. “And…” he said kissing me again. I put my arms around his neck as he pushed my back gently on the wall. His lips left mines and he traveled down to my neck, he trailed kisses along my neck with his soft lips causing me to moan lowly. I heard footsteps which scared me thinking it was Avy, I pushed away slightly moving from Michael’s embrace. “Whats wrong?” he asks. I glance up to see Trey instead, “Umm…I came to tell ya’ll that I was leaving… you can carry on I didn’t mean to interrupt” he said clearing his throat. “Yeah okay later Trey” I said while Michael just nodded at him. Trey stared then turned around leaving out the front door. “Now let’s get back to what we were doing” Michael whispered. “Mommy I’m hungry” Avy said just in time. Michael sucked his teeth then said under his breath “Ree Ree you know how to kill a mood”. I smiled then said “Well gotta go” I pecked his lips and went into the kitchen.