Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Lyric

I turned over to Trey seeing him sleep soundly. I agreed to stay but just for tonight, Trey doesn’t know that though. I stroked his cheek I didn’t know what I was doing. I sat up in bed reached over him for my notepad and started to write. I couldn’t continue to hurt him so I had to stop it now. I finished what I wrote and gathered all my things. Before I left though I reached in my purse and pulled out an envelope that had pictures of the ultrasound, I thought I should at least explain or show why I left. I placed it with the rest of his letters on top his nightstand. I’m sure he would see it. I stood in the doorway and turn around to make sure he was still sleep then left.

Trey

I woke up and turned to my side to see that Lyric wasn’t beside me. I got up out of bed calling her name “Lyric” I said. I walked down the hall opening each door but she wasn’t there. I noticed that all of her things were gone. This caused me to panic. I strolled back in the room and into the bathroom stared into the mirror and see a piece a paper in the corner.

Dear Trey,

If you are reading this that means you know I’m gone. I just need time to think this out. I want you to know that I love you, I truly do. You might find it hard to believe since I keep leaving. I really don’t know what I’m going to do I’m still trying to figure it out as I go.  Lauren was right I think it’s better if we were just friends….

Sincerely yours,

Lyric Williams                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

“Argh” I yelled knocking off everything on my nightstand,  the envelopes I had on there now scattered over the floor along with a broken lamp. How could she do this to me I thought. I pulled out my cell and dialed her number…….no answer….. “D*****” I said into the phone even though nobody was on the end of the line. Wait a minute what did she mean Lauren was right.