Chapter Three

Chapter 3:

Trey

I watched as she fell asleep in my lap again. I looked at her bruised face and wonder how could he do this to her, someone he supposedly loved. I thought about all the time I've been away from her. Had he been hurting her then too? I hated myself for not being there for her, for not seeing the signs that were there. I hate knowing that she is hurting and knowing I can't help her like I want to. I want to be able to take away all of her hurt and pain. I want to be able to take away from her yesterday so she will only have today and tomorrow to think about. I glanced out of the window watching the falling snowflakes hit the window. I reached down to turn up the heat I didn't want her to be cold and get sick. I stared off into space until I fell asleep...........I picked up Lyly trying my best not to wake her up while Ryan took her bags into the house. I carried her inside the house, Ryan said he would be going home now. I nodded and went upstairs to put her to bed. I pushed the door opened and laid her on the bed. I pulled her shoes off and put the covers over her. I went down the stairs to grab her things and ran back up them. I placed everything of hers' in the drawers. I looked up to see Lyric stirring in her sleep "NO" she screamed. "NO...NO..." she said crying hysterically. I ran over to her "Lyric you're okay. I'm right here" I said holding her. She took a deep breath then starred deeply in my eyes. I kissed her forehead "He is not going to hurt you again Lyric." "I hate that I loved him." She said wiping her tears away. I didn't know what to say. All I could do was holding her "Thank you for being there for me. If you wouldn't have come I don't know what would have happen to me. I'm so glad that God put you in my life" she finished. "No you got it all wrong. I'm the lucky one." I said grinning. She smiled then looked down to her hands and said, "You don't have to work tomorrow" I guess trying to change the subject for a minute. "Nah I took off" "You didn't have to. I would have been okay." "But I wanted to be with you" She smirked then said with a smile across her face "And why is that" she said. "I don't know" I said smiling back to her. She yawned "Look's like somebody is tired how about I let you sleep now." I got up off the bed while she made herself comfortable "I will see you in the morning. Goodnight Lyly" "Goodnight Trey. Have sweet dreams"..........