Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Lyric

“…I can live, I can love, I can be better with you. For real…” I sang. “That’s great Lyric” JD said signaling for me to come in to hear the recording. I walked out of the booth stood behind him over his shoulder. I jumped when I heard a loud thud me and JD both turned around to see no other than Trey. “Trey, what are you doing here?” I asked stunned. “WHAT I AM I DOING HERE. WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE WITH HIM!” he yelled. JD then stood up in front of him “You need to calm down Trey man. It ain’t nothing going on” he said trying to calm him down. “DON’T YOU DARE TELL ME TO CALM DOWN. YOU SUPPOSE TO BE MY BOY AND YOU TRYING TO PUT THE MOVES ON MY GIRL.” Trey said getting in JD face. “Trey, stop please. We can explain” I said trying to reason with him. “YOU CAN EXPLAIN HUH. THE ONLY THING I WANT YOU TO EXPLAIN TO ME IS WHY YOUR LIPS STILL MOVING” he yelled at me putting his hands in my face. “Trey” I whimpered to him. “SHUT UP LYRIC. JUST SHUT UP” he continued “I GAVE YOU EVERYTHING. I GAVE YOU A PLACE TO STAY, A CAR, THAT CHILD. I CARED ABOUT YOU WHEN NELLY DIDN’T AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME.” I just stood there and let all of the words that were spoken sink in deep.  JD looked over to me “Lyric” he said reaching out towards me. I felt like, like nothing. Like I was just an empty space, a waste in the world. I was shaking from anger and embarrassment, I didn’t do anything wrong. I turned around to the music stand were my lyrics stood and snatched them from it. I walked over to Trey and stared him down then I shove the lyrics in his face. “Happy F****** Birthday” I said walking away from him. “What is this” he asked. I reached down in my purse and threw him the keys to the Phantom. “Here I don’t need your car, your house or your money. I have my own” “Lyric” he said grabbing my arm. I jerked away from him “Get off of me” I said “Where are you going?” he asked “Don’t worry about me” I said nastily. “Thank you JD for your help with everything” I stated. He nodded his head; I walked out of the room and wobbled angrily out of the building. It was dark and cold outside I wished I had bought a thicker jacket. “Lyric wait up” I heard behind me which made me walk faster.  Trey ran in front me “Lyric wait. I’m sorry I didn’t know” he said. “I tried to tell you but you wouldn’t let me get a word in remember” I said angrily walking past him. “I’m sorry Lyric it’s just when ran out the house so fast because of a text I suspected the worst. And when I founded you were going to the studio to meet up with JD. I thought…I thought” he couldn’t finish. “You thought what, Trey. That I was sneaking out to be with JD.” He didn’t answer just looked at the ground “Trey when I told you I loved you I meant it. A love like that doesn’t go away overnight. I would never do that to you, to us” I said rubbing my stomach. “We need you Trey. I need you Trey I can’t do this on my own” I whispered while tears threaten to spill out. He pulled me to him “I won’t let you do it on your own, we’re in this together. I love you so much” he said kissing me on my forehead then softly on my lips.