Chapter 48

Chapter 48

Trey

I stepped out of my car, walking up the steps of my mom’s house. I knocked on the door my little brother opened the door. “Whats up Forrest” I said walking inside. “Nothing about to go hang out with Alex he is at the mall” “Iight talk to you later” “Yeah” he said leaving. “Mom” I said going into the living room. “We are in here Tremaine” she said. I saw Avery playing with my mom. She was walking and talking now, she was almost 22 months old. “Daddy” she said. “Hey my little princess” I said picking her up. “Why you do that?” my mom asked hitting me on the shoulder. “I think she was going to say grandma April” she finished. “My fault” I said with a smile giving her a hug. I haven’t been able to stop after the party last night. “Why you all smiles this morning?” she asked. “What are you talking about Momma” I asked. “Well it has to be about Lyric” I just laughed then sat down as Avery played with some blocks. “I just spoke with her” she said. “Yeah how is she?” I asked. “She sounded okay she was a little worried last night though” “Really did she say what about?” I wondered. “Umm her brother got into some trouble at school now he is staying with her until everything cools down” my mom said getting Avy things. Me and Rome were tight we use to hang out before when I was with Lyric. “I might stop by there to speak” “I don’t think that’s a good idea Tremaine” she stated. “Why not?” I asked. “Lyric also told me about last night and the almost kiss between you two” “She did” “Yup she told me how Michael reacted. You might have ruined them” “How?” I asked her. “She told me that Michael didn’t even speak to her at all last night after the party” she said. “Momma I couldn’t help it okay you don’t know how hard I tried. I love her so much” I said. “Trey if you love her like you say you do you would want her to be happy” “I do want her to be happy, just with me” I watched as Avy walked around the room carrying her baby doll. “I know it is hard for you to watch her be happy but you need to be her friend more than anything right now. She told me how happy she was when ya’ll start talking again.” “I really missed her I couldn’t go another day of not talking to her or seeing her smile.” The door rang I looked at her “Are you expecting somebody?” I asked getting up. “Go get it” she stated with a suspicious smile on her face. “Okay” I said running to the door. “Boy don’t you run in my house” my mom called after me. “Yes ma’am” I opened the door to see Lyric. “Hey” I grinned at her. “Hi” she said I moved out the way so she could come in. She walked into the living room where my mom and Avery were at. “Hey momma” she said hugging my mom. “Hey baby” she said hugging her tightly. I watched her, my mom looked at the two of us then said “Well I know ya’ll want to talk so let me get the rest of Avery things” she said taking Avy up the stairs. Lyric sat down on the couch I sat next to her. I licked my lips then said “What’s on your mind?” “Last night Trey” she stated. “We can talk it through” I said to her. She looked at me with tears in her eyes “How can you still make me feel this way after all this time” “Let me show you something brand new” I said grabbing her hand. She shook her head and said “I don’t wanna stop loving you Trey” “But…” I said back. “But I’m in love with Michael” she said. “No you’re not you are just telling yourself that. I know better. Last night I felt that you wanted to kiss me as much as I wanted to kiss you” “You’re right I did want to” “So why don’t we just start over then” I asked her. “Trey…you know why” she said getting up walking around the room. I went up to her, pulled her in my arms and said to her “I wanna be the one to comfort you baby. You know I’d do whatever to please your every need. You know I’ll be right here always by your side, Lyric. No matter what, I would do anything and everything for you” I wiped her tears away with my finger “I wish I knew it would’ve ended up this way” I said still holding her. The tears kept coming I moved her hair out of her face then pressed my lips on her forehead, she smiled then stared into my eyes. My lips went down to hers but before they could touch my mom walked down the stairs “Okay ya’ll I got everything” she said coming in the living room. Lyric moved from me causing me to sigh. Just doesn’t seem we will ever get the chance. “Did I interrupt something” she asked looking at us. “No” Lyric said looking at me. She walked back over to the couch grabbing her purse then walked over to my mom. “It was nice seeing you Ms. April but I have to go to the studio”Okay baby girl it was nice seeing you too” “Tell the boys I said hey” Lyric said. “Will do” “Umm I will drop Avery off at the studio when you’re done” I said. “No umm can you bring her to my house instead” “Yeah” “Okay because Rome is there he wanted to see you” “Yeah I heard” “Well I will see you later then. Bye bye Avy I love you” she said kissing Avery. “Luv you” Avy said. “I love you” Lyric said to my momma. “I love you too” my mom said back. Lyric looked at me then walked to the door, I followed her to the door. “You’re not gonna say you love me too” I asked her with a smile on my face. “You already know how I feel Trey” she said. “I would like to hear it sometimes you know to refresh my mind” “I love you Trey” I caressed her face softly she put her hand on top of mines. “I love you too” I kissed her hand. She opened the door and walked to her car I watched as she left then closed the door. When I turned around I see that my mom was watching us. “Trey” she smiled. “What?” I asked with a grin.