Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Lyric

 BEEP…..BEEP

I rolled over to see the clock it read 12:00p.m. OMG I was late. I jumped out of bed and into the bathroom. I washed my face and brush my teeth before I took a shower I went to use the bathroom. This wasn’t good I thought to myself. I should have been on. I started to panic, I take my shower but I couldn’t get my mind off of all the possibilities and consequences. I dressed trying to get it off my mind I ran out of the bathroom and into the kitchen grabbing a banana to eat. And I rushed outside to see my driver waiting patiently leaning on the car.  “Hi Miss Williams, how are you today?” “I’m alright. And please call me Lyric” “Ahh Miss Lyric” he said in his French accent. I smiled then asked, “How are you Leo” “Oh I’m fine Miss Lyric do you see this weather we are having?” “Yes it is lovely” I said as he opened the car door for me. “Where would you like to go today” Leo asked. “Umm to the Agency please”……………

When we got to the Agency I stroll in while Leo stayed in the car. “Hey Lyric” my friend Fallon said running to me.  “Hi girl” I said not as excited as she was. And she noticed “What’s wrong?” she asked. I shook head and opened my mouth but was cut off by the photographer, the famous Nigel Barker, “Lyric you’re here great. Let’s get you in hair and makeup” he said pulling me away from Fallon. “We will talk later” she called after me. I sat down while they did my makeup and hair. When they finished I walked to the shoot and posed for the frames……..I washed off all the stuff they had put on me and undid my hair. Nigel came up to me and said “It’s always my pleasure to work with you Lyric” “Nah the pleasure is all mines” I said to him. He kissed my hand “I hope to work with you again sometime soon” I nodded and went back to my face then Fallon walked over “So what’s wrong?” she asked again. “Umm…” “Is it about Trey” I shook my head yes “What did he say something to you?” she asked concerned. “No” I said “Then what’s wrong” I hesitated then answered “I think I maybe pregnant” I looked at her “OMG Lyric I thought you were on the pill” she said “I am but my cycle hasn’t started yet” I said to her “Did you take a pregnancy test yet” “No I was hoping you would be there for me when I did” “Of course I will be” she said. I hugged her tight and cried……

“Okay is it ready yet” Fallon asked “In one minute” I said to her. I paced around in the bathroom like a crazy woman. This was the last one to prove if I was or I wasn’t. The first one I took was a positive, the second one was negative, and so I’m praying that this one is too. I watched the clock on the white walls and felt as my life was flashing before my eyes. “It’s done” she said. We both walked over to the counter where it laid, I picked it up and read it: POSITIVE. Tears started to form in my eyes, Fallon came over to me and said “Maybe it’s wrong Lyric I think you should go to the hospital” she put her arms around me to comfort me.