Chapter 55

Chapter 55

Trey

I sat on the couch watching the game with a bowl of cereal in my hand. Since Avery was upstairs sleep I thought I would chill a little. “Come on boy you know that was out of there” I yelled at the tv. I took another spoonful of cereal in my mouth before I heard a faint knock at my door. I placed my bowl on the table and walked to the door. “Who is it” I asked. “Lyric” a tiny voice answered back. I swung open the door to see a hysterical Lyric. “What happened?” I asked. Her eyes were red, mascara running down her face, and was shaking. She collapsed in my arms crying, “Don’t say you told me so” was all she could get out. “Never” I told her hugging her close. She cried into my shirt “It’s going to be all right okay. I’m right here, right here for you always. Whatever and whenever remember” I said to her pulling up her chin so she could see I was serious. Her eyes sparkled making hard to resist kissing her. I kissed her softly she didn’t stop me instead she put her arms around my neck pulling me in. I step backwards letting her inside the house closing the door behind me and sighed as I ended the kiss. I took her to the couch and wrapped her in the blanket thrown on the couch right when I was going to ask her what happened. I got interrupted by the phone ringing “Let me get this real quick” I said. She got up with the blanket still wrapped around her “I will clean myself up” she stated. “Okay” I said watching as she went upstairs. I picked up the phone “Yo whats up Drake now isn’t a good time” I said to him. “Is Lyric there” he asked. “Yeah and she is a mess” “Damn I knew this would happen I told Tyga to tell her awhile before but he kept holding it back” he finished. “What you mean? What happened?” I asked. “Nicki and I caught Tyga with another girl” “So you knew and you didn’t tell her” I said loudly. “It wasn’t my place to say anything” he answered back. “So you let her go being faithful to him why he is sleeping with other girls. I thought Lyric was like a sister to you huh” I said furious. “She is, I love Lyric but I promised Tyga I wouldn’t tell her. The girl was his ex” “I don’t care who she was to him. How long have you known” “About a month I think” “A freaking month man-” I said into the phone I heard footsteps coming towards then saw Lyric pop up in front of me. “I gotta go man” I said to him hanging up the phone. I turned to her and asked “How much did you hear?” “All of it. I can’t believe everyone knew and didn’t say a word to me. They were just smiling in my face the other day” she said. “I know. But you can’t be mad at them it was Tyga who did it” “Yeah” she said waving me off.  I grab my bowl of cereal now soggy from sitting there and took it into the kitchen. “I can’t go to my place because if Rome sees me like this, he will kill Michael” “You can stay here”  “Thanks. Then I’m about to go to bed okay” she said getting a pillow and a blanket from the hall closet. “What are you getting that for?” I asked. “Making me a bed on the couch” she answered like I was dumb. “There is a big comfy bed upstairs” I said to her. “No Trey I’m not going to kick you out of your bed” she said. “Who said I was getting kicked out? We could share the bed its pretty big” I said trying to make her smile. “Yeah sure” she said with a slight smile which was good enough for me. I turned off all the lights as she walked upstairs. By the time I got up there she had found one of her old nightgowns she had left here and slipped it on. I haven’t seen her like that in a long time so I couldn’t help but stare. My mind was telling one thing and my body was telling me another. I tried reasoning with both but my body won.