Chapter Two

Chapter 2:

Lyric

I walked into the apartment it was dark I went to turn on the light and something grabbed my wrist. The lights came on and there stood Nelly. "Where were you" he asked gritting his teeth. "I told you where I was on the phone" I said pulling my arm from his grasp. He looked at me then before I knew it I was on the floor grabbing my cheek. I moved my hand from my face and looked at him. He towered over me then bent down and said "Don't play with me girl." I stared into the eyes of the guy I thought loved me and didn't notice him at all. I watched as he left me in the corner shaking from what had just happened. I didn't know if I should get up or not scared of what I would see in the mirror. I slowly sigh and got up cleaning my face of the shed tears. I went into our bedroom and sat at my vanity looked at bruise that was forming on my cheek. He came out of the bathroom making my heart beat fast. He went behind me and whispered in my ear "I love you and I'm sorry". I turned to him and said "I know. I'm sorry for not coming home" He knelt down in front of me "We both made mistakes. We just got to work on fixing them." I shook my head, "I know what can make up for everything bad" he said smiling. He kissed me then my neck down my arms. He pushed my lips to his forcefully and he picked me up and place me on the bed and I just let him have me I was tired of fighting him because it only makes things worse. I wanted to die right then, Nelly has been really controlling over the years, so I was use to it by now. When he finished with me, he turned over and went to sleep.

I woke up in late feeling sore I made my way to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face. I glanced in the mirror and noticed that my bruise had gotten worse over the night. I decided to take a shower then work some magic on the bruise afterwards. I let the warm water slide all over my body relaxing me for a while. After taking my shower I felt a little better and I worked on my face but it was no use it made it worse. I got dressed but I thought to myself I can't go out with this bruise on my face. My phone vibrated on my nightstand I walked over to it catching it before it fell on the ground. Trey. "Hey" I said "Hi. How are you" he asked I knew what he was asking he was wondering what happened when I got home. I tried not to cry but the tears were forming in throat and I started to choke on them. "Are you okay Lyric? What happened?" he asked. I sniffed and wiped my face then said "It was my fault" "What was your fault, Lyric" The front door came open which made me panic "Um Trey I gotta go. I'm sorry I will talk to you later" I whispered. "Why are you whispering" he asked "I gotta go." I said before hanging up. I turned off my phone I didn't want him to call anymore; I hid my phone in the drawer of my nightstand. I snapped my head up when the door opened. Nelly looked at me then said "Hi Lyric" he kissed my forehead. "Hey Nelly, are you hungry" "Yeah umm...how about making me my favorite dish" "Ok. How was work today" "Fine I guess. Why are you asking all these questions" he asked looking at me suspiciously. I shook my head "No reason" I went into the kitchen and cooked his favorite things.......After slaving over a hot stove almost all of the afternoon I was finally finished. "Dinner is ready" I yelled. He came into the dining room and sat down at the table waiting for his food. "Does it smell good to you baby" I said bringing his plate to him. I placed it in front of him and he just stared at it for a moment. Then went ballistic "What the f*** is this" he threw his plate on the floor. He pulled the table cloth on the floor also knocking down the centerpiece. I screamed he came into my face "Shut up" he yelled striking me down to the ground. He bent down like he had done last night putting his finger in my face yelling and cussing, spitting hateful words at me. I started to cry and scream "I HATE YOU" which made him upset. "Didn't I tell you to shut up" he said causing me to be slap into the wall. I pushed myself up and started making a run for the door. He noticed what I was trying to do and charged me to the ground "You ain't gonna ever leave me" he yelled in my face. What stopped him from hitting me again was a knock at the door. "Lyric open the door" Trey said from outside. "You told that boy to come to my home" Nelly said to me "No I didn't call him" I said "Get rid of him" he said with a husky voice. I got up and gathered myself and went to the door. Opening it slowly I see Trey standing there "Why did you hang up on me...What happened to your face Lyric" he asked. I put my hand over the bruises and he moved my hand looking at them. "Did he do this to you?" I didn't answer him. He went pass me into our apartment "Stop Trey" I said behind him. He ran into the bedroom where Nelly was at and stood right in his face "If you want to hit somebody hit me. Hit me." "Lyric you better get your boy" "Please Trey don't" "Do you still think as yourself being a man" Trey said not backing down "I am a man" Nelly said "No you're not. What I see is a coward. If you ever put your hands on Lyric again or any other women for that matter you will regret it" Trey said turning his back on him. "Lyric, go get you some clothes you coming with me" "No she is not." I remain still not knowing what to do Trey noticed I wasn't moving. He went to my dresser got out some clothes and putting them into the suitcase that he found in the closet. I reached into my nightstand drawer took all of my personal items like: cell phone, diary, that stupid cd, a couple of pictures, and a necklace that Nelly gave me when we first started dating. "You're not leaving me" Nelly said "Lyric are you ready" Trey said from in the front room "Yeah" Nelly grabbed my arm "You can't leave me Lyric. I need you. I love you." He said with tears in his eyes. "I need to go Nel. I got to help me before I can help you. Here" I said giving him the cd. "I want you to listen to it. And I want you to understand what you are doing to me" I said whispering and staring into his dark brown eyes." And take this to" I said to him handing him the pictures and the necklace. "I dont want this" he said referring to the necklace. "Me either" I said putting it in the palm of his hand and closing it back. "Goodbye Nel" I walked to the front door with Trey waiting by it. Nelly stood there watching me leave. As we got in the hall I held myself together until we got into the elevator. That's when everything started crashing down for me. I slid down to the ground and started crying. Trey dropped my things and went over to me "He will never hurt you again I promise you" he said stroking my hair. I cried into his chest while he wrapped his arms around me "I love you Lyric and I will do anything and everything for you" he said kissing my hair. I wanted to believe him but it was hard too now because of the things I've gone through. He held me close to him not letting go and I never wanted him to either....... I don't remember getting into Trey's truck I was laid down in the back seat wrapped in a blanket. Tucked in warm and cozy I looked up in the driver seat to notice that Trey wasn't driving. "Trey" I said softly "I'm right here" he said moving my hair out of my face. That's when I realize I was in his lap. I tried to get up but he said "You're tired just rest for a minute okay" I shook my head cuddling up in his jacket his smell was intoxicating I couldn't get enough of it. He continued to stroke my hair "Where are we going to?" I asked half asleep "We are going to my pent house" he answered "It's in New Jersey" I said yawning. "Yeah I will tell you when we get there okay. Sleep I'll be right here" I slowly closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.........