Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Lyric (Meanwhile…)

I paced around the room. This was it I thought to myself. I couldn’t do this anymore. My heart can only take so much heartbreak. I looked around the room at the pictures the memories that they held….I plopped down on the couch and sighed glanced at my watch it read 3 am and Trey was still wasn’t here. I went into the kitchen to clean up; you know trying to get my mind off of things that would upset me. Trey was supposed to be different. He was my best friend, secret keeper…he was my, my, everything and I was supposed to be the same to him. But people change because once upon a time Nelly was amazing but look at what happened. How could it get to this I was on the verge of leaving yet again? The doorknob twisted I jumped up Trey staggered in “Hey baby” he said slurring his words. He was drunk like really drunk and it took a lot for him to get drunk.  I shook my head and went over to him “Let me help you” I said reaching out to him even though I was mad at him I still loved him. “Don’t touch me” he said loudly throwing his hands in the air. “I’m trying to help you” I whispered. “I don’t need your help okay…” he sat down on the couch. “Fine” I said giving up. I looked down at him, his clothes looked like they were thrown on or slept in then I went up the collar of his shirt there was lipstick smudge on it and beside it was seemed to be a hickey. The tears that were too scared to fall started to build up in my throat. I swallowed hard then turned away from him to catch my breath. I started clearing my throat out again. “What is that” I finally muttered out pointing out them out. “What is what?” he asked pulling his shoes off and getting comfortable on the couch. “Nevermind…” I softly said. I didn’t feel like arguing and I didn’t want to wake up Avery. “You always want to start s***” he said laying his head back on the armrest of the chair. “Excuse me” I said “Every since the day I met you, you were drama” he laughed. “Really Trey are you serious” I asked getting angry. “Yeah I’m serious and I’m getting tired of it” “Oh…okay” I paused “Fine then I’m out” I said. “Whatever Lyric, I’m tired I will see you in the morning” he said before falling asleep. I looked at him then went up to stairs to bed.

In the Morning

I called Adrianna early this morning and asked if I could stay with her for a little while until I found a place. I was packing up me and Avery things in my car. The mailman already came I went up the mailbox and checked it. Bills…Bills…DDC… I thought. DDC stands for DNA Diagnostics Center.  This was what this was all about huh these stupid results. I walked back inside and got Avy in her car seat but before I left I went over to Trey he was sleeping soundly. I picked up of the picture we took me, him, and Avery in the hospital. I stared into it wishing to go back to way things were before all this mess. I threw it down breaking the glass frame. It wasn’t supposed to end like this, we should have been stronger not letting anything or anybody ruin us. I sighed then put the envelope that was so important to him beside his sleeping body. I caressed his face and kiss his cheek and got Avy walked out the door. I placed Avery in the car hooking her carrier into the seatbelt I walked over to my side then drove off…….. “So this is Averys’ room” Adrianna said directing me to Avy’s nursery. “Wow Adri you didn’t have to do this” I said walking inside. “What kind of godmother would I be if didn’t give Avery the best” she said kissing her nose. We walked out of that room and into the one across it which was mines. I stepped inside amazed at what I saw. “So how is it” she asked. I turned to her “It-it’s beautiful” I stated hugging her. “You know you two can stay as long as you want right” “I wouldn’t be here long” I promised. “Well I’m not rushing ya okay” she said. I nodded then looked at Avery which made me think of Tremaine.