Death

~~Isabelle's POV~~

After Pattie got back and we talked a little Justin looked at me.

"what?" I asked

"how bad do I look" I look at Justin even though I know how terrible he looks.

"do you really want to know?"

"that bad, huh?" Justin stood up and got off the bed. He looked a little weak so I stood up to help. Justin put his arm around my shoulder, I put one hand on his chest and one on his back. I helped him to the bathroom. Justin turned and looked at himself in the mirror. His face was blank, it went more pale then it already was. He stared at himself.

"justin? Babe?" I finally got his attention. He turned and looked at me.

"what did I do to myself?! Isabelle look at me! I look like a ghost! Wheres the scale? I need to know how much I weigh!" I looked in the hallway and saw one down a little bit. I helped Justin down the hallway and onto the scale. Luckily, I knew how these scales worked. I weighed him...

"Isabelle? Does that say 130 lbs?!"

"yea. How much did you weigh before?"

"last time I weighed myself I was...155 lbs."

"you lost 25 lbs!"

"that's not good Isabelle. I'm like skin and bones!"

"babe, you have me again. I'll make sure you eat and you'll gain that weight in no time."

"promise?"

"promise." we walked back to Justin's room and I helped him into the bed.

"babe?" he sounded tired "stay with me."

"of course." I climbed into the bed. Pattie decided to leave. She was tired and said she would be back in the morning. Justin had nuzzled his head in-between my neck and shoulder.

"babe?" he said.

"yea?" I said stroking his hair that was dry and had obviously not been taken care of.

"I love you"

"I love you too. Go to sleep. You need your rest."

"okay." he snuggled closer to me, getting comfortable. "promise me something."

"anything."

"don't leave me"

"what do you mean?"

"like..if you get up tomorrow morning, wake me before you go anywhere. I have woken up to many times with you not there." he yawned.

"promise."

"pinky promise?"

"pinky promise. Now go to bed."

"okay mommy" he said sarcastically. I chuckled and wrapped my arms around him. I'm so happy to have him back in my arms. Within minutes I feel his heartbeat slow and his breathing pattern change to that of a sleeping person and could tell he had fallen deep into sleep. It's 1 am and I'm tired. I fall asleep shortly after him.

~~Justin's POV~~

I wake up and it's like 9:30am. I don't feel Isabelle's body next to mine. I sit up and she is sitting in a chair next to the bed. She had a serious face.

"what's wrong?" I ask.

"we have to talk Justin"

"about?"

"I'm sorry but, I thought about it. You drink way too much. And you arent good looking any more I mean look at you....your a skeleton. I can't be with you. I'm sorry Justin."

"what?! Isabelle please don't leave me. I'm gonna stop drinking I promise and I'm gonna fatten up. Please don't leave!"

"too late." I watch Isabelle walk out of my hospital room. If I were stronger I would have chased after her instead I just screamed "ISABELLE!!!!" she didn't come back. I dragged myself to the window in time to see her leaving the hospital. She was so beautiful. I couldn't let her slip through my fingers. Not again. I fling open the window "isabelle!!!!!" she was about to cross the street but stopped to look at me. "don't leave me! Please! I need you! I love you so much!"

"stop Justin! I can't be with you! It's too hard!"

"don't be surprised when you find me dead. If you aren't with me I don't know what I will do! I can't live without you!" Isabelle shook her head and started crossing the street. She got halfway across and turned to me.

"I'm sorry I just..." I heard her scream and that's it. She was hit by a truck. Car horns blare, screams from different people, the sound of metal scraping the road pierced my ears. The one I love has just been hit by a truck. The adrenaline rush gives me the strength to run. I ran down 2 flights of stairs and out to the front. We were in front of a hospital so there were already doctors on the scene. I run through the crowd pushing my way through.

"sorry sir. No one is permitted beyond this point." an officer said

"that's my girlfriend!" my voice cracked. I felt myself crying.

"okay" he let me through. I got there just in time to get a quick peek of the horrific sight of my mangled girlfriend before they cover her perfect body with a white sheet. Signifying that she. Is. Dead.

"no!" I scream. I run to Isabelle's limp body and pull of the sheet. Her face was pretty much gone. Her nose was swollen and bleeding. There was blood coming from her ears, mouth, and eyes. She was a wreck. I looked down and her silver top that she has been wearing since yesterday was maroon almost purple. The color of the blood let me know that that is what killed her. That dark blood came from an artery, most definitely. Her left leg was facing the wrong way and her right leg had a compound fracture. Her arms were scraped. I held her head in my lap and cried. The tears hit her face. If I had let her just walk away none of this would have happened. It's my fault she is dead. Someone pulled me away from her. No I can't leave her, not yet. I loosen from their grip and run back to her. I brush the hair away from her face and kiss her forehead. "I love you" I whispered before I felt those hands again. I shake them off, blow Isabelle a kiss and walk back to my hospital room. I sit on the bed my head in my hands, cursing under my breath. I get up and punch the wall leaving a pretty big hole. There is no point in living any more.

---

I look at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a black and gray suit. I look awful. Isabelle wasn't here she died yesterday. The bags under my eyes are black. I didn't sleep last night. I just cried. I'm on my way to her funeral. When I arrive her family is there. They dont blame me. I blame me though. I cried all through the funeral. When we were allowed to go up and see her I was last. That's what I wanted was to be last so, no one would know what i was about to do. She looked beautiful. They were able to cover the marks on her face, she was in a beautiful purple dress. I loved her and now she is gone. I pulled the silver band out if my pocket and put it on her left middle finger. A promise ring. "Isabelle I love you and I always will...until my heart stops beating. We will be together soon. Hold me a spot up there in heaven." i kissed her forehead. After leaving the funeral home, I didn't know where to go. I had no purpose in life anymore. I drove to a vacant parking lot. I went into my trunk and pulled out the gun I stole from my grandpa. One bullet. One shot. One chance. I put the barrel in my mouth. I felt a tear roll down my face. I closed my eyes and imagined Isabelle one last time. I pulled the trigger and everything went black.

---

"Justin!" I opened my eyes and saw Isabelle.

"am I in heaven."

"heaven? No." what! I sat up. it's dark outside. I look at the clock. 3:45am.

"you were groaning and crying. I think you were having a nightmare."

"yea I was"

"wanna talk about it?" I tell isabelle my whole nightmare. She is crying. "I would never leave you especially for those stupid reasons. I promise. I love you too much. I need you too much to leave. I love you babe."

"I love you too. Just promise me something?"

"what is it?"

"promise me you will always look both ways before crossing the street"

"promise"