11

"Mum, we're gonna go get some breakfast."

Michael calls before opening the door and the two boys creep out the house, holding Michael's wallet, a few of his mum's ten pound notes he had stolen stuffed into it.

"Who's your favourite from Friends?" Luke asks him and he shrugs. "Probably Monica or Joey." Michael tells him. "Mine's Chandler."

Luke grins and they go into the corner shop. "Hey Bev." Michael waves and Beverly looks up from their newspaper. "Hey Michael, is this a boyfriend?"

Beverly asks with a snarky tone and he rolls his eyes and Luke goes red. "How's your girlfriend, Bev?" Michael asks and Beverly nods.

"She's good, she's with her family right now in a ski lodge, so I can't see her right now, and it fucking sucks." Beverly answers and Michael nods.

"Tell her I said hey when she comes back." He hums and they nod. "Hey Luke, want a ice cream?"

Michael asks, opening the freezer and pulling out a cone for himself and Luke nods. "Just vanilla please."

He requests and Michael passes him it and they wander to the back of the shop, flicking through foods. "Hey look, Kris's pregnant again."

Luke points at a magazine and Michael nods. "Which K name is this one called?" Michael jokes and Luke laughs, picking up a two litre carton of orange juice.

Michael rolls his eyes at him and he shrugs. "It's only fifty pence!" Luke explains and Michael sighs, nodding as he puts bars of chocolates in a basket.

They go to the counter, buy it all, wish Beverly luck with their girlfriend, and leave. "God, I feel like I'm in some movie with this."

Luke chuckles, drinking from the jug and Michael smiles, licking his ice cream. "Do you wanna go back to mine? No one's home." Luke offers and Michael nods.