19

"Hey Luke, you want a ride?" Michael asks, twirling his keys around in his hand and Luke bites his lip, looking behind him.

"I've got to go out with Calum and Ashton, they're getting mad because I keep hanging out with you all the time." Luke tells him and Michael scowls.

"Your friends are shitty." Michael tells him and he nods. "Trust me, I know." Luke sighs and he hears loud chattering from the school doors.

"Can you come over to mine around five?" Luke asks quickly and Michael nods, patting his best friend's shoulder before getting in the car.

"Hey mate, you waited!" Ashton cheers and Luke sees people taking selfies, people talking and people leaving the school, and Michael's car driving out the car park.

"Anyway, let's go to mine?" Calum offers and the two boys nod, getting in Calum's expensive car.

Luke didn't know Calum had ever had a car. "When did you get this?" Luke asks him from the backseat and Calum waves at him with a snort.

"About a year ago, I guess you've never seen it." Calum tells him and Luke realises the extent of the shittiness of his of his friends.

On cold, rainy, winter days when he held up an umbrella they didn't offer a ride in a warm car, and they act like they need him but they barely speak to him when he's around.

Luke's nervous twitch settled in as he settled over what they had done to him over the years and Ashton turns his head, seeing Luke's arm occasionally jolting.

"You've been doing that awful act since year seven, give it up." Ashton laughs and Luke grinds his teeth, taking off his seatbelt and opening the car door.

"Luke what the fuck are you doing? I'm fucking driving!" Calum yells, slowing down to a halt and Luke steps out the car. "Fuck you guys." He yells into the car and slams the door.