24

"I can't hang out today." Luke told Michael over the phone. "Why not?" Michael asks him and Luke sighs, "I just can't today Michael, today's a bad day."

He tells him, looking at the picture of his dad on the wall. They were going to go to his wake with Luke's extended family for a few hours.

Luke didn't want to, he didn't want to see his mum crying or the pictures of his dad, it made him sad, "Okay, well, come over if you want to."

Michael says and hangs up and Luke goes downstairs. He and his mum get into an argument over it and she eventually grants Luke permission to ditch it, but not before telling him that he doesn't respect his dad.

Luke thought the world of his dad, so he left his mum silent and changed into his normal clothes. "Luke, I'm going, I'll see you later."

His mum called upstairs before the door slammed. Luke takes a deep breath and goes out his window.

He jumps from roof to roof and swings through Michael's window, sitting on the windowsill but not seeing Michael.

He comes in a minute later, a towel balanced on his hips and a his hair a scruffy, wet mess. He looks up and sees Luke and his eyes widen.

"Luke! I thought you weren't coming." Michael says in shock and Luke nods. "I got out of it, sorry for coming at a bad time, I can go if you want?"

Luke says and Michael shakes his head. "No, it's okay, I'll get changed in the wardrobe." Michael tells him and he nods, sliding in the room and sitting on Michael's bed.

Michael wanders into his wardrobe and Luke hears the sound of clothes being shuffled until two minutes later, when Michael emerges with his hair swept back.

"Wow, what a change, another black hoodie." Luke jokes and Michael kicks his shin with a smirk.