34

"It's so fucking cold." Luke shivers from Michael's floor, bunching up his duvet around his throat and chattering his teeth.

Luke goes on his knees in front of Michael's bed and Michael looks at him, his eyes barely visible in the darkness. "What time is it?"

Luke whispers, shaking from the temperature and Michael clicks the alarm, 02:46 blinks at them in a luminous blue light, making their eyes screw up with sudden brightness.

"Can I get in bed with you?" Luke asks him and Michael nods, scooting back and lifting up his checked blue covers and Luke climbs in beside him, nuzzling his head against the pillow and Michael lets the thermal blanket fall on him.

"Thanks." Luke smiles, turning to Michael and Michael grins back. "It's fine." Michael sighs and touches his hand (ever so gently) and shudders.

"You're so cold!" He laughs quietly and Luke nods. "No way! I had no idea!" He says sarcastically and Michael sticks his tongue out at him, making Luke laugh as he pulls his knees under his collarbones.

"Have you ever broken a bone?" Luke asks him and he nods. "I broke my arm when I was little from swinging on a tree and the branch snapped and I landed on one hand, have you?"

He hums, forgetting about the night that had scarred them both. "Phh, maybe, who knows right." Luke mocks him and Michael laughs as he points at the soft guard on his leg.

"You're so mean to me." Michael giggles and Luke smiles at him. "Can we spoon- for warmth!"

He corrects himself and Michael nods and Luke gives a toothy grin and turns around and Michael pulls his back to his chest, resting his head on Luke's shoulder.

"You're so boney." He laughs quietly before closing his eyes.