41

Michael peered out the window as rain hit against it, it had been a few weeks since Luke broke up with him.

They hadn't spoken, Luke had felt a dry throat whenever he walked past Michael's house and Michael's walls had a few holes in it from where Michael had punched in aggression.

Luke avoided the black hoodie hung up in his wardrobe, letting it collect dust slowly and Michael had popped the air bed Luke usually slept on in sleepovers.

"Why don't you go out with Luke? Stop being so depressed." Michael's mum had that on some sort of loop so it was the question asked daily, replied by a grunt.

"Stop being so moody all the time and go out! I'm sick of seeing you moping about." Luke's mum spoke on a daily cycle and Luke sighed in response and pulled on boots and stepped out to Rose and Greg's tattoo parlour.

It was the day Michael decided on getting another tattoo. Luke was working his secret part time job as a tattoo designer for the studio and he had heard the bell jingle so he took out a new sheet of paper and looked up, to see Michael.

"Rose, can you handle this one?" Luke asks her and she nods, leading him to the second room of the parlour. "I thought you two were best friends?"

Rose asks quietly as they sit down and Michael nods. "We were, but we fell out." Michael tells her and she nods, pulling out the designs book.

"Do you want to make good with him again? You two were lovely." She asks and Michael nods. "I'll talk to him later, don't worry about it."

Rose assures him and he smiles. "Thanks Rose, and can I have this please?" He points out a game logo and she nods, taking a trace out and refilling the ink guns.

"This is gonna hurt, but you know that by now."