45

Michael wandered through the barbecue party, trying to find Luke desperately. Liz said he was definitely there, so he doesn't know where he got off to.

He entered the last room that had a small cross on the door, despite Luke denying any religious views.

He opened it to find Luke looking through an album while snuffing a runny nose. He looked up at the door click and saw Michael standing there with a blush.

"Get out!" Luke yells, dropping the photo album and standing up. "I-I'm sorry, I was just trying to find you." Michael whispers and Luke's eyebrows knit together in anger.

"Just get out this room! Please!" He pleads and Michael's eyes dart around the room, taking it in.

The yellow walls, the rusted medals hung up and another picture of Luke's dad smiling, beside one of him with the family, everyone looking happier than ever before.

"Is that your dad?" Michael asks, pointing at the large man in the centre of a picture and Luke goes red. "I told you to get out!"

He cries, taking the pictures off the walls and hugging them against him while trying not to cry. "Is your dad d-"

Michael tries to ask but is distracted by a punch in the stomach. "Don't you dare say it!" Luke yells at him, stepping away while tears run down his cheeks slowly.

Michael feels his heart drop for Luke, and he knuckles his eyes and looks up at him. "I'm sorry, Luke."

He whispers before leaving the room, closing the door behind him and Luke looks at the pictures.

He curls up on his dad's childhood bed and lets his tears run into the thick bedsheets, abandoning the photo album which was showing a picture of Luke and his dad when Luke was three years old.