20

"It just makes you realise how shitty your friends are! You know?" Luke complains while hammering the ground.

They were in Michael's garden, Luke frustratedly hammering the grass and Michael sat in a beach chair with a soft drink. "It's really hot today."

Michael comments as Luke swings the hammer into the ground. "Fuck, I hate them so much!" Luke yells at the ground, throwing the hammer angrily and turning around.

"Chill out." Michael says simply and Luke sits down on the beach chair beside him and snatches his bottle, downing it completely and smashing the glass on the paving and looking at Michael.

"Have you got any drugs?" Luke asks and Michael shakes his head. "Don't go down that road, mate."

Michael pats his knee and Luke whines, laying backwards and letting his hair touch the floor. "I need a good fuck or something else, something exhilarating!"

Luke tells Michael, springing up and running around Michael's back garden. Michael lips his bottom lip, thinking about the first option Luke had said. "Come here."

Michael calls and Luke runs over speedily. "What?" He asks, jogging on the spot. "We can um, do it if you want to, platonically though!"

Michael offers and Luke bites his lip and shakes his head. "I'm sorry Michael, but no." Luke tells him, picking up a spade and swinging it around while running, leaving Michael with tinted cheeks and a frown.

He consistently gets new gardening tools until Michael's garden is a wreck of holes and tools and Luke sat in the middle of the whole mess, panting with his tongue out like a dog after a walk, "I think I'm getting over it." He smiles up at Michael.