48

It had been nearly a month since the barbecue party and Luke and Michael still hadn't spoken. Michael had started smoking a lot more, he did before he met Luke but that got paused, but now he was smoking quite a lot.

Luke had started having boys over to his house after stumbling out a taxi with them, his fake ID in his breast pocket.

One night Luke stepped out a taxi with a boy with brown messy hair. And that happened numerous days till Luke had stepped outside his house in the daylight and waited for the messy haired boy to pick him up.

It was Joe, Luke's new boyfriend. Michael saw from his window as Luke walked to him and Joe put his hands on Luke's waist and kissed him passionately on the lips.

Luke's hands connected to Joe's shoulders and his eyes blinked open and gave Michael a sly look.

They disconnected and Luke got in Joe's cars and Joe looked up, seeing Michael gazing out the window. "Who's that?"

Joe asks him, licking his lips and Luke looks up, zipping up his jacket. "Oh, that's just Michael, he's not much."

Luke tells him and Joe nods slowly and Michael's eyes flicker down from the window, seeing Joe looking up at him.

Joe nods and winks with a smirk and Michael goes red before Joe and Luke drive away, zipping down the street and Joe's sports car makes a loud rumble.

Michael stands and grabs a cigarette from his cluttered desk and holding his hand around it, lighting it up and placing it on his bottom lip.

He is holding it in place with this top teeth before laying down on his bed, facing upwards and turning his Nintendo 64 on, grabbing the controller and taking a long exhale, releasing a cloud of ash into the air to hover above him before it creeps underneath the door.