13

"Are you gay?" Luke asks from Michael's bed and Michael looks up, his cheeks pink and his green eyes wide. "Why would you say that?"

Michael asks, sitting up and Luke shrugs. "You got a boner from that gay sex scene, and whenever you talk about losing your virginity you say he, not her."

Luke explains and Michael snorts, still red and nervously laughing. "Um, aha, I'm..." He trails off into an incoherent mess.

"It's okay if you are, I just want to know if you are." Luke tells him with a smile and Michael sighs. "Fine, I'm gay." Michael confesses and Luke nods.

"Cool, does your mum know?" Luke asks and Michael raises his eyebrow. "You're taking this extremely well for a heterosexual boy."

Michael says slowly and Luke laughs. "Yep, guess I am." He tells him, deciding on not coming out to Michael just yet.

"And no, my mum doesn't know, please please please don't mention it to her." Michael begs and Luke nods. "I won't, I swear."

Luke tells him and Michael holds up his hand, his finger finger poking out the fist. "Pinky promise?"

He whispers and Luke entwines his little finger with Michael's and shakes their hands with a smile. "I won't tell her, do it in your own time." Luke says and Michael nods.

"She's just... Not very open to people like me." Michael expresses with a frown and Luke nods, understanding his worries.

"Well do it bit by bit, drop hints to it over time." Luke suggests and he nods, "Good idea, I'm so glad you're okay with me." Michael smiles, his eyes watering a little.

"Come here, mate." Luke opens his arms and Michael hugs him tightly, both sat in a bundle on Michael's bed.