25

"Hey, Luke?" Michael whispers in the dead of night and Luke looks up from the inflatable bed on Michael's floor. "What's up?"

He asks and Michael looks at his alarm clock. The time 03:48 flashes at him and he sighs, looking down again. "I've got a question."

Michael announces and Luke nods, taking the hood of one of Michael's hoodies off his head, "What is it?" He hums and Michael takes a deep breath.

He grabs his LED torch and flashes it on Luke's face so he can look him straight in the eyes, "Luke, are you gay?" He asks quietly.

Luke feels his heart stop beating, the world stops rotating and he bites his lip. "Yes." He whispers in a hoarse voice and Michael's green eyes widen at the blonde boy.

"M-Michael, I'm sorry I didn't tell y-" He tries to apologise but Michael is already out his bed, turning the light on.

"So, you're like me?" Michael asks slowly and Luke nods, biting his fingernails agitatedly and not making eye contact with Michael.

Michael sits before him on the floor and takes his hands away from his mouth. "It's okay to be gay, Luke, you don't have to apologise for not telling me, I understand."

Michael tells him quietly, so as not to wake his siblings and his mother. Luke sniffles before tears run down his face.

"Come here." Michael smiles, pulling Luke into a hug tightly. "I never realised how comfy my hoodies are." Michael chuckles against Luke and Luke hiccups with tears.

"You're the best friend I've ever had, I love you so much Michael." He cries and Michael smiles, separating from him and wiping away his tears with his thumb.

"I love you too Luke, you're my first and best friend." Michael tells him as he cries with a small smile of happiness from his best friend's acceptance.