28

"I feel so useless." Luke whines as Michael wheels him out the ambulance in a ugly, bottle green wheelchair.

"You're not, you still work, you're just a big bugged up right now." Michael assures him, pushing him up Luke's driveway and knocking on his door for him.

Liz opens the door, wearing her pale pink fuzzy nightgown and she yawns. "What's up, Michael? Luke's still asleep." She tells him drowsily.

"Liz, Luke's right here." He points down at the boy in the wheelchair, frowning at his mother. "Oh! Luke! What happened?!"

Liz cries, going to Luke's eye level and Luke shrugs. "I was going to Michael's house and I dropped off the roof." He tells her reluctantly and Liz stands fully and gives Michael a harsh slap.

"Michael didn't do anything! He was asleep, it was my decision, don't hurt him!" Luke defends him, waggling his fingers poking out the casts.

Liz nods slowly and grabs the handles of Luke's wheelchair. "Well um, thanks for looking after him, but he's my son, so I'm going to handle this."

Liz tells Michael and shakes his head. "Did you pay the medical bills? Did you go to him at midnight while he was crying and his bones were unbearable to look at? Did you sit outside his hospital room for seven hours?"

Michael retorts angrily and Liz's eyes widen, letting go of the wheelchair. "I'll look after him, I'm more capable than you."

Michael tells her and Luke looks back at Michael. "Can we get a few clothes?" Luke asks and Michael nods. "Don't even try speaking to him while I get his clothes."

Michael threatens quietly and runs up the stairs and rummages through Luke's drawers, collecting his clothes.