44

Luke sat on a park bench, tossing the ducks bread beside a pond. There wasn't much else for him to do, school was out and Luke had no friends. "Hey."

He hears and he looks up, seeing Michael. Luke looks back down with a sigh and crosses his legs. "Can I sit down?"

Michael asks and Luke shrugs, Michael taking a seat beside him on the bench. "How are you?" Michael asks slowly and Luke shrugs again, refusing to talk.

"You know, your mum is doing a neighbourhood barbecue and we were invited." Michael tells him and he nods, staring down at the ducks waddling closer to him.

"Luke, look, I'm sorry." Michael apologises and Luke looks at him with furrowed eyebrows. "What are you sorry for?" He presses on and Michael goes red.

"Um... getting mad at you and so on." Michael tells him, all flustered by the sound of his voice. "Whatever."

Luke huffs, standing and brushing bread crumbs off his dark hoodie, not one of Michael's. "Where are you going?"

Michael asks him and Luke turns to him. "Home." He grunts before starting to walk away. "Luke! I'm sorry!" Michael cries out and Luke stops walking, still facing the gates.

"Just go home, Michael." He sighs before walking again, walking all the way home and bolting his window so Michael can't swing in.

Michael buried his face into his clammy palms and took a deep sigh, closing his eyes slowly as the ducks nipped at his jeans.

He walked home and tried to live the life he lived before Luke had talked to him, but it was hard.

Nearly everything in Michael's house had been touched by Luke, he had totally infected his life with memories of the now green haired boy grinning and being lovely to him.