43

Luke's hair was a acidic green after they left the dye in too long, but he somehow worked the colour right as he walked to the corner shop.

He saw Michael leant on the counter, talking to Beverly who had their arm wrapped around their girlfriend. "Hey Beverly."

Luke gives a quick wave and Beverly looks up, so does Michael and his jaw drops at Luke's appearance. "Oh hey, Luke, this is my girlfriend, Anna."

They show off their girlfriend and Anna gives a shy wave, her brown ponytail swaying slightly from turning her head. "Hi Anna."

Luke smiles before wandering through the shop and Michael turns around and swallows the lump in his throat. "Fuck me the fuck up."

He hisses, tugging at his hair. "You alright, Michael?" Anna asks him and he nods. "He just looks so fucking good." He whispers, putting his head against the counter.

Luke puts a bag of bananas and a bottle of orange juice on the counter and pulls five pounds out his wallet and hands it to Beverly, who scans them.

"When'd you get your hair done, Luke?" Anna asks him and Luke smiles at her. "Yesterday, actually, at my friend's studio."

Luke informs her and she nods, Michael resisting the urge to kiss him right there. "Thanks, Beverly!" Luke nods and walks out the shop.

"That was the hottest shit." Michael tells them, sinking to the floor slowly. "I thought you two were friends? Why didn't you talk to each other?"

Beverly questions him and he sighs, looking up at them. "We had a fight." He tells them and they hiss through their teeth and Anna makes a pained noise.

"That sucks, you two were good together." Beverly informs him and he sighs. "I know we were."