16

'I'm so sorry' The note slipped onto Michael's desk read and Michael sighed, pulling out his one pencil. Luke stared at the pencil, hoping it would write words of forgiveness.

Instead, it was pierced through the scrap of paper multiple time before being torn at every circular hole and scrunched into a ball.

It was thrown out the window and Luke sighed, rubbing his face in his hands. Luke rips out a page from his maths book and grabs his pen.

'Talk to me in the band room after class?' He writes before forming it into a paper aeroplane and flying it onto Michael's desk.

Michael sighs, picking it up and reading it quickly. Michael writes on it and throws it behind him and Luke goes under his desk and picks it up, unscrewing it carefully.

'Fine' It simply says and he smiles, going back into his chair and putting the note in his pocket.

After class, the boys go down seperate stairways and try to go unnoticed by teachers, easy for Michael, difficult for Luke.

Michael slips into the music room first, followed by Luke two minutes later and he turns the light on, seeing the boy scowling at him from the floor.

"What do you want?" He asks in disgust and Luke sighs, kneeling before him. "I'm really sorry, Michael, I truly am, please be friends again."

Luke pleads and Michael sighs. "What you said hurt me, Luke." Michael tells him quietly and Luke frowns.

"I'm sorry, I was just so angry and I didn't mean it, you know I think you're amazing." He tells him and Michael sniggers. "You're such a softie."

He laughs, ruffling his hair. "Does that mean we're friends again?" Luke asks happily and Michael nods, Luke wrestling him into a tight hug.