27

The bright lights of the hospital waiting room had really woken Michael up, as he sat swaying in a plastic blue chair outside the room where Luke was under a local anaesthetic, having his bones cricked back into place.

Michael was shaking with worry, still crying and cold sweat running on his body. No one else had showed up for Luke, making Michael worry for him even more.

Michael would be too rough with him. The pale blue door opened and Michael looked up, his eye twitching and the nurse nodded.

"You can come in now, he's not awake yet but he will be soon." She tells him and the nurses and doctors leave the room for their next operation.

Michael thanks them all, trying to stop crying and he walks in slowly, barely making a sound on the tiled floors, to see his best friend laying in the cold bed, fast asleep.

He goes to hold his hand but sees the massive plaster casts restricting him, and he pulls a red marker from the windowsill and writes his name on Luke's hand.

He sits beside the uncomfortable bed in a blue seat, running his thumb on his exposed shoulder until Luke twitched awake. "Michael?"

He whispered upon seeing ebony hair and Michael smiled. "Hey Luke." He whispers with a smile, his tears drying on his cheeks.

"I-I can't move. Michael, help me, I can't move." Luke cries out and Michael puts his hand over his mouth to quieten him down.

"Luke, you broke your arms and a leg, don't you remember?" Michael asks him and Luke looks down at his plastered limbs.

"Fuck, I look like such a freak, I should've just gone to sleep, not attempt going to your house." Luke whispers angrily, scolding himself almost and Michael simply kisses his cheek. "It's okay, Luke, you didn't know."