26

Luke was sat up in his bed at midnight, he could tell Michael had left his window open as he slept because he could hear his snoring.

He was trying to rehearse words without his mum hearing, words that would convince Michael to go out with him.

Luke was confused as to why he liked Michael that way still, after becoming his best friend. With a sigh, he got out of bed and tip toed to the window.

Carefully, he let himself out the window and readied himself to jump to the old lady next door's roof. He took a long run up to it, almost reaching it.

Instead, he came falling down. It was a dangerous game he had been playing, he knew only Michael's legs were long enough to succeed the jump.

His body thumped on the ground and he felt his right leg and his arms simultaneously snap, sending him into a torturous experience.

He cried out for help, unable to move beside his left leg. Michael sat up, hearing his best friend calling his name and he rubbed his eyes, going to his window and peering out.

"Luke?" He called into the darkness, to be met by a groan of agony. "Michael, call 999!" Luke yells and Michael picks up his chunky phone and dials the number.

"H-Hello? My best friend has hurt himself badly." He tells the hospital line. Moments later after Michael gave an address, ambulances come sounding down the street and Michael looks up from beside Luke, both the boys crying.

"Luke! Help's here!" He whispers and Luke bites his lip, trying to resist another tear emerging from his eyes. "Fuck, Michael, you're the best."

Luke hisses as the nurses ever so gently put Luke on a bed and Michael gets in the ambulance with him.