29

A month later, Luke was sat on a hospital bed, getting his casts removed ever so gently and Michael sat beside him, smiling at him and holding his free hand for support.

"Stop smiling at me." Luke giggles, knocking his head against Michael's and Michael laughs quietly.

"Luke, we're putting a soft guard on, but you can still fully move your arms, but you're going to need crutches until your leg is completely mended."

The doctor tells him and he nods. "Michael, would you help him up?" The doctor asks him and he nods, putting an arm round Luke and getting off the bed, helping Luke edge off ever so gently.

"I can do stuff again!" Luke cheers, flexing his arms happily. "Be careful!" Michael squeaks, pulling his arms down gently.

Luke pulls a puppy frown and opens his arms and Michael hugs him tightly, grinning into his neck and Luke smiles, nuzzling against him.

"Thank you so much." Michael thanks the doctors as the nurses give Luke his crutches and Luke supports himself upon them and looks up.

"You're welcome, you two are a wonderful couple." The doctor smirks, waggling his eyebrows and winking at Michael. "W-We're not together."

Michael, stammers, flushed pink and Luke laughs. "Oh, right, sorry for that then." The doctor nods and smiles at them.

They exit the hospital room and stand outside, looking at each other. Michael picks him up, swirling him around and Luke squeals, dropping his crutches to the tiled floor and wrapping his arms around Michael's neck.

"I missed your working limbs." Michael whispers and Luke sniggers. "Didn't we all." Luke sighs and Michael giggles, putting him down and picking up his crutches for him.