Lunch and Baths

*Jengo's POV*

I follow grandma back to the pride. The lionesses went to go hunt afternoon lunch. Their cubs stayed home with the elderly's. My grandpa is out busy patrolling the Sky Leaf lands. I always wonder where our pride got the "Sky Leaf" name from. I mean, it's cool or whatever. Just very different.

Grandma went in the den leaving me outside standing alone. I hear paw steps behind me.

"Jengo?"

It's my mom's soft voice. I turn my head facing her.

"Yes, mommy?" I ask.

"I was going to give you your afternoon bath, but I'll wait until after you eat your lunch."

"Yay, I can stay dirty!"

My mom smirked. "Yeah, for now."

I brush my body against her front legs purring. She chuckle and place a paw on my head.

"Aye, Jengo!" A voice called.

I stop rubbing against my mom and twitch my ears. That voice sound so familiar. A dark tannish cub ran straight towards me. It's my best buddy, "Taavi". He jump on me, causing me to fall down on my side. I laugh as he growled bitting my left ear playfully.

"Hey, Taavi!"

"I'm going to let you two boys play." My mom said, walking into the den.

I watch her go then look back at Taavi who's still on top of me. I got up and pinned him down quick on his back.

Taavi grinned. "Someone got their strength today."

I smile and let him up. "Maybe."

"So, did your auntie Queen Uru have her Cubs yet?"

"How did you know?"

Taavi roll on his side, then got up sitting with a chuckle. "Every one in the pride knows Jengo. Your grandpa announced it earlier when him and your grandma came back from the Pride Lands!"

I sat down across from Taavi nodding my head. "I should of known."

"How come you didn't go with them?"

"My mommy didn't want me to."

Taavi look confused. "And why is that? I mean, they're your baby cousins..."

I look down at my paws. "I said the same thing, Taavi! My grandma told my mommy that she's forced to go visit next time. Maybe I'll be able to go then."

"When you do, please tell me what the Pride Lands are like when you get back Jengo. I always wanted to go. I heard it's very beautiful!"

"That's how my grandma and grandpa describe it every time they go. I always wanted to go too. I haven't seen my auntie Uru in a while. The last time she visit here was when she came with my uncle Ahadi. That's when she told my grandparents and mommy she's expecting a baby!"

"You mean three babies?" Taavi corrected.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Wish I was born to a King or Queen. I wonder what's life like being royalty."

"Pain in the butt I heard from my mommy."

Taavi lift a brow. "Isn't your mommy next in line for the crown after one of your grandparents die?"

A fly buzzed around my ear. I swat it away with my paw. "Yeah. But she doesn't want it."

"Say what?! Then who'll take over the pride?"